Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....but only once did i see one of you on there (Easyi from MI was on Saturday with me). we need to get some more of you to join us. all you have to do is click on the "Rune Riders Chat!" link up top.....and log into the chat. Change your nickname like it says to do (nick/xxxxx....where xxxxx is YOUR nickname...otherwise it logs you in as "annonymous"...with some annonymous number...like "anon355"). It's that easy. you can either chat on the "allbikers" channel...or the Runeriders channel....or even another channel, like BigBikeRiders channel.

We need to get more of us chatting on the 'channels'....to make it more interesting! Give it a try sometime......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rune chat room

:) Hey Redvolk, let's pick a chat time and see if we can get a few more Rune guys to show.
How about 10:00 EST Tuesday and Thursday this week.

easy i

petoskey, michigan

·
Registered
665 Posts
OK Already.... let's chat :)

Just wanted to drop a note to say Santa brought me a Craftsman bike jack and I am itching to lift my Rune and do some of the normal maintenance myself -oil changes..etc. Anyone have any pitfalls I need to avoid or suggestions to make my use of this piece of equipment a safer experience. I must say... I have never had a bike up in the air before and with this being 900 lbs I am want to be very cautious. Any tips are appreciated.... My garage windows are frosty and I have 3 feet of snow in the yard. All battened down for a few months. Happy New Year to all. 8)

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my first word of advice...is some good advice.....make sure the adapter surface is a good 'mate' for lifting that Rune!!!! By that, i mean i have an Uplift brand lift....with an adapter plate that works on my Valk...and worked on my wife's Road Star (she had it until she got her Rune). But that lift adapter plate will NOT....NOT work on the Rune. the Rune doesn't have a flat frame surface on the bottom to lift ...like most bikes have. It really doesn't have any frame at all in the main area to lift. Just the bottom of the engine...which is NOT flat.

A few folks have made some home made adapters (see the tech board, do a search). But no company makes a lift adapter for the Rune as of now. There is no lift that i know of that you can buy, and simply go out an lift your Rune "right out of the box". you'll need some type of adapter. Trust me...i tried lifting mine ....for just a few seconds and a short height...with no special adapter...and you could tell it was on the verge of falling off!!!!!!!!

Instead i bout an LA Wheelchock by Baxley Trailers to do normal maintenance like oil changes, etc. It lifts the front wheel a few inches off the ground and holds the bike centered. But it is not a lift...and you couldn't do things like change a tire with it.

be careful.........

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
I'll give it a try on Tues
Now, what to wear?
Do we have to bring presents?
Is there a smoking room?
Open bar or BYO?

·
Registered
21 Posts
chat

Hey guys this is pretty cool, I just realized u can monitor and chat on a number of bike boards at once i.e. allbikes, bigbikeriders, runeriders, and shadowriders. However the bad news is that no one is on them at 5:30pm EST.:shock: :shock:
oh well see u tue @ 10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts