Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
even batman don't got a bike as bad as this. We have good weather now, too bad it won't last. This bike makes quite an impression at stops.
If honda comes out with a 05 model, that is ok with me, it would prompt more manufacturers to come up with accessories, If honda doesn't make any more that is ok with me too. I just don't understand why folks get into a twist about these things, afraid of losing value in your "investment" because it was supposed to be one year only? Well get here's a hint. If you are looking for an investment, look at real estate, not a motorcycle.

Mark in Colorado

Oh, btw, my wife says I am spoiled.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mark,

Welcome and congrats on the Rune. No other bike like it. And with all due respect to others, if there were 05s in the works we'd have been able to get them last fall. I'm sure some of the guys/gals here got their Rune as early as summer 03. I got mine November 03. Same when the VTX came out...

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Mark,
Congrats on on your your new machine. You will really enjoy it more when the snow melts. We just had more than a foot of the evil :twisted: white stuff here in New Jersey. What color Rune did you get? chrome pkg.? pull back bars or foward?
Good luck and have fun on your snowmobile this winter.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Mark,
Hate to burst your bubble, but...... BATMAN does own a RUNE and he's on this board.
Until the snow clears, have fun decking out your ride. If you look back at the posts you'll find lots of goodies made just for our RUNEs.

Now don't get to antsy to ride and end up ridding into a snowstorm. A Snowstorm chased me from ESTES PARK all the way to the New Mexico border in late August of 78. You people got some weird weather in Colorado

·
Registered
80 Posts
congrats! Mark

Enjoy your new Rune, Mark :D

There's nothing like it :wink:

We're all spoiled but life's short
and anyone riding a Rune gets a better ride. :biker:

Enjoy this board, too ... there's lots a good info and good people willing to share their opinions. :22yikes:

NH Bill
8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is black, chrome pkg, and pull back bars. I had some buyers remorse when I woke this morning but that brisk ride in to work took care of that. No regrets now.
I need to figure out how I am gonna carry stuff though, I am used to having bikes with bags. My last three bikes were a bmw rt1100, goldwing, and a valkyrie tourer. A windshield would be nice too, I know a few of you folks have windshields, but I have not found a picture that clearly shows how much it affects the look of the bike.

Mark in Colorado

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, so i am new, and a bit ignorant, I now see some good pics of windshields on runes. Not sure about the idea though.

Mark in Colorado

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Congratulations on the new BLACK, faster, Rune!
My avatar shows me on my way from SC to Colorado. I wear one and sometimes two backpacks. Maybe a tank bag thrown in. No saddlebags for the Rune!!

Ken (24,326 miles, 2nd set of plugs, 4th set of tires, 24,326th set of smiles)

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Congratulations on your newly acquired vehicle.

Your choice of color surely defines you as a man of distinction. A man with a clear sense exquisiteness.
One who possesses a discriminating preference for elegance.
We can only hope a discerning man such as you may serve as an influential example to our wayward New Jersey brethren.

Remorse of any kind is a waste of time; it serves no purpose.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Mark,
I am just very happy that you were not influenced by the likes of some of our members.( There are a certain few you should not assoiciate with, they are starting to come out of the woodwork now ) :eek:4:
It was good you made the decision on your own and you are satisified with it. Good luck again with new machine.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts