Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm buying one.....any day now....

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....a Rune?????? I'm thinking maybe a third of the 337 members as of this day....may NOT have a Rune. I'm just curious. It's not a big deal. but i'm sort of curious how many 'lurkers' we have....vs. folks that actaully have THE RUNE!!!

take the poll....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi Tim,

One of the ways to check if a member is a real Rune owner is to check to see if they are also listed in the VIN List.

Lurkers are fine as long as they don't try and come across as a owner. As a owner my 2 cents on a issue should have a little more weight.. IMHO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been Lazy

I'm sure I'm one of the one's who some think is just a lurker. I've been with you guys every since we were on the old board and I still have not posted my vin on the list. I'm also quite sure I'm one of the original 20 members who are still here. Will post vin and try to upload photo of my Rune this weekend. Thanks for the wake-up call!

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
Lurkers are good people too.

As an example I am a frequent visitor to the Pink Pussy Cat :pepper1: web page, and I don’t have a cat!

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i remember Need4Speed from way back. and please, don't anybody think my intention is to 'finger' non-owners ...or brand them...or anything else. The beauty of the poll...is you can take it and remain anonymous...if you like.

i'm just curious. I figure a good number of folks here don't own a bike. that's all. But i agree with Marune. If someone doesn't own a bike....i'm going to take their opinion about the details of the bike with a LITTLE less regard...than i would an owner.

but no one who takes this poll....or doesn't take it...that doesn't own a Rune, will be forced to wear a Scarlet R on their forhead :twisted:

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
I got mine #25

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchased mine on MAY-17-2004.
Only a couple of weeks away from my one year anniversary.
In my over 25 years of owning and riding motorcycles, this past year has
been my best by far.
and I'm very greatful to god for blessing me with this beautiful motorcycle.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Naw, I don't own one, boy that fun luring you all into the Exhaust Mod, damn I'm good ! :twisted: But this one has been spotted LURKING
around my lair! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Genuine Owners..

Hi guys,

I agree, it would be interesting to see just how many guys out there really own these machines..

Along with RedValk, I'm lucky (and poor now, too) to have TWO in the household.

#1297 and #1128, both DA's.

Out of interest (or not..):

I've forwarded countless pictures of my exhaust mod to those who requested them..do you know only ONE person actually thanked me? :roll:

Sign of the times or just that the majority of requestors (is that a word?) don't actually have Runes... :?

Regards from the small island..

Seb.

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm just a bit surprised that some 30 odd folks responded they have a Rune...and only ONE has said they didn't. could be those who don't own one don't check the board as often...or...aren't responding....or....maybe the number of non owners here is not as high as i had thought?

People not thanking you for sending the pics? Yea, sign of the times. People just aren't as considerate as they once were...and take things for granted. The only time you get a bunch of repsonses...is folks don't like something :wink: then you'll hear from them plenty........

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeap, I expected more than 2 thank yous for being the guinea pig for the exhaust mod and gettin the ball rollin with my words and my pics, I guess two is better than none! :?:

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i have thanked you here on the board before HS....but JUST in case i haven't officially....THANKYOU! And thankyou to Ken for driving all the way over from SC ....just to let me hear the mod before i did mine.

i've never regretted doing it. in fact, now when i drive Sherry's, it's kind of dissappointing...since hers isn't drilled and sounds too quiet. i like the sound with some attitude.

Again, thanks to ALL who posted useful info on the drilling. Runeski and his measurements.....pics that were posted by some....etc.

Thanks guys!

G

·
Don't Have one

I actually have a HD VRSCA (V-Rod) which I love and ride every moment I can, but have been infatuated with the Rune ever since it came out. (you can find me at V-rodforums.com). Hey, I have always stood up for the Rune, as many people just don't get it.

I guess the V-rod is similar in that it was brought to life without much alteration from the original concept vehicle/vision.

I am looking now that I hear they are not going to be produced after this Spring. I will have to search the forum, but I wondered if they are going to have a completely different concept bike in the line-up, or if Honda is just going to evolve the existing line-up into the future?

I went into our local Honda dealer the other day, and noticed no Rune (they usually had at least one on display). Seems prices have come down even though the press release says they are going up now for the final run? I love the bike as-is with the exception of the lack of sound (this coming from a V-rod owner :shock: ) I saw a reference above to an exhaust mod, so I will have to search more about that. Anyway, congrats to you all for your great taste in a cruiser.

G

·
SiteData said:
A gracious gentleman, a Harley Davidson enthusiast and an admitted Rune aficionado; a most refreshing blend.
It is interesting. the V-rod demographic is a bit different than the rest of HD riders. Many of us could care less about the badge, we just loved the bike for what it is. It was the first bike that got me excited and it just happened to be an HD. I have a Honda Nighthawk and an old Enduro. It has been stated by MANY on that board they could care less that it is a HD. It is definitely a different niche than the traditional Harley. Ironically the v-rod owners are treated like the bastard red-head step-child by the old-school Harley crowd (V-rod being 80% metric, watercooled, low, sleek, fast and smooth)

That's what impressed me about the Rune. It feels like it was cut out of one piece of billet with a state-of-the-art engine/technology. Got to hand it to Honda for putting out something this outlandish. Ran across an article (Bruiser Comparo in a Motorcycle magazine) that hinted they might be introducing other concept bikes like they did with the Rune. Excited to see what is next.

·
Registered
141 Posts
RUNE MEMBERS

I have been here since I found the link. 21,000 miles plus on my Rune.

For all the non-rune owners: it is much cheaper to join the rune site than purchase a Rune.

For me, if you don't own a Rune or don't plan on buying one, you should not be here.

Thats as bad a guy here where I work. We had a bike show and I put my Rune on display. While I'm at the bike, he tells me that its his bike and he doesn't bring it out much. Hows that for balls.

G

·
Re: RUNE MEMBERS

RUNE102 said:
For all the non-rune owners: it is much cheaper to join the rune site than purchase a Rune...For me, if you don't own a Rune or don't plan on buying one, you should not be here.
What about those just considering one, Are you getting too much of that here?

I have spent some time going through the threads and it seems pretty much like good info owner-to-owner, and I appreciated the thread on what to look for when buying used.

I am looking at a black cherry Rune at a dealership about 50 miles away and another on Cycletrader. I have had a bike shipped before with Daily Direct and they were great.

You have probably seen this link, but kind of an interesting read:
http://www.sport-touring.net/cgi-bin/ms ... 8168;&#top

If something like this is the next custom from Honda, then that is pretty cool, but all the more reason to get a Rune. I prefer the hot-rod looks and unique motor (another V-twin vs. the distinctive flat-six on the Rune?)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Redvalk;

It'll be my one year anniversary on July 1st with MY baby :lol: . #190 and hardly 3 or 4 days go by without some thoughts on this rolling art machine pondering through me head.
Been away from the board for awhile since I moved but it's one of the few places I always come back to as soon as I log on.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Rue102

Today I went over the 30,000 mile mark on my Rune. Are you trying to catch up to me? It seems to be running better than ever.
Ken

1 - 20 of 30 Posts