Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but i reminded them i wanted the oil changed...as a precaution. So they'll do that today, and tomorrow i'll pick it up. Took them 5 hours to put it back together with the new part. THey say it seems to be running good. i'll be the judge of that 8)

so when i pick it up tomorrow, it will be one month TO THE DAY. Whew, hope it's really over now. and hope i don't have any new scratches on her...i'm funny about that kind of stuff :roll:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Happy on your behalf

Tim,

- Just happy on your behalf ... a month is long time moody, actually - scratches ?! - Nobody hurts your babe(s) (4 i all, at least - any horses or german shepards?) without getting "whipped", I think - you´re a ******* ... :D

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i am a ******* :twisted: I'm part of that Southern Gun Culture too. and a serious weightlifter. And yes, i have horses....and a BIG German Sheppard. You have me 'pegged' John :wink:

Dang...is it that obvious 8) Will we have to change my nickname to "RedNeckValk"?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tim !

Tim,

Nope, you don´t have to change name from Tim/RedValk ! - We know you (allready by that AKA) !

BTW : You´re not the only Board member having a "secondary security system" (mine is a 50/50 mix of German Shepard/Rottweiler (ref. my profile) - approx. 53 kg´s - perhaps unknown people get in - not out again - without a "smile" from my "secondary security system" - just telling to stand still - totally stucked - unless i`m shaking hands with the person - otherwise - they don´t get out in one peace) - I´m sleeping well at night - don´t need the ******* gun culture to keep safe and calme 8)

- - - o 0 o - - -

- Still happy on your behalf that your black Rune will be running normally tomorrow again ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
fixed

Good for you; your bike is all better :D

I got a big dog too and I only sold my gun when my kids got old enough to be a statistic. :eek:

"******* Valk" ... I laughed out loud :lol: Good line! :lol:

Don't most of us lift ... gotta be able to move our big bikes - don't we? :eek:4:

Dispite the spreads in ages revealed on the pole I think we have a lot of similar personality types ... not everyone buys a Rune :D thankfully.

I bet a lot of us water ski - slalom; downhill ... someday I'll do a interest inventory and I expect a lot of parallels. :22yikes:

Good riding!
:biker:

NH Bill
8)

·
Registered
33 Posts
One of our security is by my bike in pic . We have six English Mastiffs Smallest at eight months old 130 lbs up to our male at 220lbs no guns needed

·
Registered
534 Posts
E-Z Chuck,

Yep, you´re well furnished with "security", ref your website ! The 220 lbs Mastiff especially trained to take care of your good looking daugther, I think (ref. an old post on this Board) !! - Have you trained it to lift weights in Gym to get it this size, Chuck ?! 8)

Btw : Chuck, I can´t find that picture any longer on your website with a Mastiff and your daugther :shock: , referred to earlier on this Board, have you removed it from your site just to keep the visitors´ focused on the dogs ??!! :lol: - and despite you have a section on your website called "girls" - but that´s for the dogs, isen´t it ??!! :wink:

- Well, NH Bill - just an other common interest among the Board members to remeber in your interest inventory - the fascination and preferences for well shaped items !! 8) - Runes, women and others ... :wink:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Getting Bike Back

Glad you finally got your bike back Red.... I picked my bike up on Wednesday... Started it up to put it in the trailer and my first sense was that it was doggier than it was with the bootlegged TPS on it... Won't know for sure until I can get it out on the road in the spring. One of the first things I noticed when my service guy put the TPS from the racing bike on was that the bike seemed much more responsive... clearly ran cleaner (1/5 of the soot) and my gas mileage increased from the pre "Big Black Smoke" of 35-37 mpg to 38-40 mpg. I will be dissappointed if this replacement Throttle Body with its new TPS turns out to cause a step back in performance. Maybe it was just cold and I need to "blow it out" a bit in the spring ...we'll see.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Rich,
Did you get to keep the racing bike tps???

What exactly is it? I get about 38mpg when I dont go too fast too often.
It might be interesting if it is a variable resistor that we could insert a potentiometer in the line to tweak things along. I hate mysteries, mysteries made of witholding information.
Ken (24,400+ miles)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bike after BBS problem fixed

Does this possibly mean that the "bootleged" TPS that Rich had from the racing bike (was it the 1000 or the 996 or the 600?) makes the Rune perform better or faster? And if that might be true would it mean that if Runes were using these racing TPSs we'd all get better performance?

I ask this having almost no mechanical background :oops:

Is this what Rich and Ken are wondering? :?

Any members with mechanical background enough to speculate on this and if so would the Rune - using racing TPSs have to be tuned differently?

Like I said ~ this is asked from an uneducated perspective :?

NH Bill
8)

·
Registered
665 Posts
TPS

Actually, I was surprised to hear (a while ago) on this board that others were getting 40+ mpg... it'll be intersting to see what I get now... Maybe I'll get better mileage... Maybe the low gas mileage when my Rune was new was a very early symptom of a faulty TPS right from the gitgo. Course then that doesn't explain your bike Red. Maybe way up here in Da UP we get lower octane 93 Octane gas. I will ask on my next trip to my dealer but I was under the impression the bike he pirated was not a real big one ..probably the 600.

I did tell my service guy he would take that TPS off my bike over my dead body...he said HONDA won't pay for warranty parts and labor for non-stock parts so it would probably void my warranty if I refused..I said.. hey who amI to argue with that kinda logic ..replace it :shock:

Ken ...love the idea of finding a way to tweek that TPS... it is evidently sending a signal to change the position (or is it receiving a signal?) so maybe the signal can be dampened or amplified... (I'm just trying to sound smart here :D ) But hey..let us know if you discover something...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Rich,
Get the sensor! Swipe it off the workbench if you have to. then send it to me.
"amplify or dampen" sounds good enough to me. You are on the right track. Since we wont ever have enough population to make it worthwhile for a company to burn a remap chip, it will be up to us to do it.
The question is: how much latent performance is lurking in the F6 engine that is held back due to pollution control?
How much more compression can we bump the engine up to before we destroy it? That can be done 2 ways at least: nitrous and a supercharger. Perhaps an electric motor supercharger.

Did I mention that when I replaced my plugs I took a real close look at the lobes on my camshafts? There was no discernable wear on them. The original machining marks were still on the lobes. Thank-you Amsoil!!
Ken

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts