Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned a black vehicle before - what do you use to keep it clean and polished without scratching the clear (spiders)???

Also - any feedback on a cover that works well for you?

Thanks,

Ride On!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Black Rune maintenance

Dcsmith30,

Check out this pic on RuneSpyder's website :

Doesn't that qualify RuneSpyder for beeing at least one of the right persons to ask :?: - personally I think so 8) :wink: - nobody else mentioned or forgotten :!: :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
My recipe - Clean with "The Bom"
Polish with Meguiars High Tech Yellow #26 or
Gold clear coat polish
Always apply with microfiber and buff with microfiber

SAY HELLO TO "BLACK BETTY BAM-A-LAM" :1st:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Excuse me ...

dcsmith30,

-Excuse me for going a bit off topic, but I have to ask Brad (HS) :

- What's under the hood :?: Some other monstrous engine :?:
- Is that drilled, too - as Your Rune :?:
- I don't know much about such American cars - actually I don't have a clue, thus I have to ask - has that car eyelids :?: (is it such a "Nic Cage" thing :?: ) (Dodge :?: )

- and :

- Are You running the heck out of that, too :?:

- Oh, I forgot : It looks like the flies will have the same problems landing on it as on RuneSpyders rear fender 8) :!:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey John,
It's a 1966 Dodge Charger, the first year for this model.
It has a 440 cubic inch V-8, it's been modified and puts about 500 hp to the rear wheels. If I hit it hard from a dead stop it will pull the front wheels off the ground. :D
No the exhaust isn't drilled, it has ceramic headers into Flowmaster High performance mufflers, but I have a bypass mechanism so that all I have to do is push a button and then it's straight headers, LOUDER THAN LOUD !
Yes, it has eyelids for the headlights, one of the first american cars with this configuration.
It's one of the first true American muscle cars, it's worth quite bit so I don't drive it to often, mainly to car shows.
But when I do drive it, yes, I drive it like I stole it ! :twisted:

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Slayer
Very Very Nice. I used to meet up with a guy on the way to work in '67 -'68 when I had my '67 327ci Chevelle. He drove a charger something like yours (But not as nice or as fast as yours ) and he blew me away ever time.
Rich K.

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
i use exactly what HS said to use on both my Runes....but especially the black one.... Meguiars High Tech Yellow #26 ....with micro fiber poliishing cloth. great stuff!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I use Honda Spray and Polish. It takes the bugs right off a leaves a great shine. .... Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
Whoa, I didn't see this post until today. I am going to polish up the Rune this weekend since it's been a while. I'll post some pics and I'll let you guys know what I decide to use.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Keeping it clean

Here's a Corvette tip. (Will work on any car or bike!)

On a clean surface, spray Static Guard on the BACKSIDE of a cloth and

dust off all surfaces. Again, on the backside of the cloth. Do not apply

Static Guard directly to paint!

You will be amazed at how the surface actually repels dust.

-Shawn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts