Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought our Rune last Friday (9-2-05). I finally managed to get it away from hubby yesterday so I could ride it. Awesome. Any other women riders?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh yes! You can count me in among lady Rune Riders, and I'm in Colorado too. Now just chain lock him in the kitchen, and we can have all the fun!

Scoop please! Which Color, wheels, handlebars...where did you get it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Colorado Lady Riders

Welcome to the Rune Riders!

Where in Colorado are you?

I'm in Longmont (a guy, not a woman). Did anyone get up to Thunder in the Rockies this weekend?

Dan

·
Administrator
6,960 Posts
all the other lady Rune riders are at a rally this weekend. Both rallies are in TN.

DonnaM (from Jacksonville) and Sherrune (SHerry from AL) are both at the Rune Rally in Erwin, TN....or were.

Barbara from Jacksonville was at a Southern Cruiser Rally in Memphis, TN.

All three of them should be back tomorrow. Well...i know Sherry is back, she's sitting out in my living room now :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are in Penrose Colorado. Glad to hear there are other lady riders. I've only had the bike at high speeds and curves. How does it handle at slow speeds? I'll be finding out soon, but just curious.

·
I'd rather be riding!
4,932 Posts
I have had my bike for about 17 months and have over 10,000 miles. I was at the rally in Erwin for the weekend. I love my bike. It is heavy going slow and it takes some adjustment. But I would not trade it for any other bike. We have 3 lady Rune riders in Jacksonville. Have not seen them for a while as I have been traveling on business a lot. Welcome to the club and be safe.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lady Riders

I have to tell you..This is one awesome machine and was such a neat thing to see so many in one place in Erwin...But as impressive as this bike looks...It REALLY looks impressive with a woman at the controls.... I am at a stop off in Appleton,WI and will be home (UP of Mich) on Thursday...I will share a few of my thoughts regarding the rally when I get home...Hope all made it home safely and special thoughts for the fellow who didn't make it to the rally because of the accident last Thursday (Chuck I believe)... So nice to meet y'all... :D
Rich

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi. I would like to know if any of you ladies have a hard time backing the Rune up. I have an 1800 Gold Wing (with reverse) and an 1800 VTX. So I am used to heavy bikes. But, I have to be careful how I park the VTX, because of it's weight. I want to sell it and buy the Rune. But I am worried about the weight.

Also, women tend to carry more stuff than men. How are you ladies packing extra clothes, your purse, etc?

·
I'd rather be riding!
4,932 Posts
The bike is heavy and I am very careful about where I park. My bike came with a reverse! His name is Pete!!! Just kidding. I really pay attention to incline and am lucky that I have never been stranded because I could not back it up. As far as my stuff, I have a custom Corbin Seat that allows me to carry a small bag that carries my rain suit and some other things. I also have a bad by my windshield for glasses, sunscreen, hair stuff, and lipstick. Just buy the bike! You won't be sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.