Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on adding a laser jammer to my Rune. I've used the Blinder on my car, and since it seems to work well, I plan on using the same product on my bike. Does anyone know of other good jammers for bikes.

If I use the Blinder, any bright ideas on where and how to mount the emitter and junction box? The web site shows pictures and diagrams of the components. I thought that mounting the junction box in the headlight pod would provide convenient access to power, and would also provide a dry location since the junction box isn't waterproof. Mounting the emitter so it doesn't look like a kluge has me a bit stumped.

The Blinder web site is http://www.blinder.dk/.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are photos of the installed Blinder. I located the emitter above the shock upper bracket cover, just below the WindVest mount. The alumium panel contains the wiring, warning LED, warning buzzer, power switch, and the junction box that supplies power to the emitter and the outboard radar locator.

Right side

Front

·
Registered
534 Posts
Laser Jammer mount on Rune

Al,

- Looks great :!:

- This is a funny example of the function of this Board - the product is danish, but I haven't heard of this product before.

- Here in Denmark we have laser controls, too, and I think it's almost considered a fiscal instrument, just used to pick up money from the citizen's wallets. The police is using civil trucks parked at side of the roads with cameras inside, so that You can get a speeding ticket without even knowing that Your speed has been measured (at daylight). I have once had "the pleasure" of a such surprise in my mail.

The danish speed control system consists of a laser connected to the camera inside the truck, and the system is integrated and automated, so if there is measured a speed above the speed limit by the laser, a shot is taken by the camera from the front right side to get cars in the trap.

This device combined with reflective solar film over the characters on the front license plate (so that the license plate is just blank white on the photo) must be the optimal counter measure on a car here in Denmark.

These speed traps are normally not used against speeding bike riders, and normally a police car is not involved in these speed traps. They just put the ticket in the mail to You afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts