Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Leesburg Bike Fest this weekend. I saw a black rune with painted side covers (the ones that come with the bike in a shade of grey (Honda calls them Sub-side covers) to match. Until you see it in person, you can't believe what a difference it makes. :!: I have the Stainless Steel side covers (runski) and various pointy bolts and caps, but painting the gray side covers to match the bike looks GOOD!

Who has done this? Who did it for you?

Thanks

BigRedRider

·
Registered
45 Posts
PAINTED SIDE COVERS

:pepper1: Ya, why don't you just go back and take a picture of those painted side covers so we all can see how they look :clap2: Iam suprised no one in this group thought of this idea :banghead:
KEEP us posted. :capwin:

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
....and i think Lov2krz has done it to his red Rune too? I think he had his side covers painted to match his bike longgggg ago? Steve??????

·
Registered
45 Posts
painted side covers

:attention: Just wanted to see how Honda did it, was wondering did they get the idea from this board.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I been wanting that ever since I saw the pic with the flat about a year ago. I wonder what it takes. Do those pieces get removed? Ide hate to f up something else in the process.

Joecey

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
NH Bill has just painted his covers and neck area, check out his pics. If your looking for info on doing it you should ask him.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Covers

Hope some painted covers are at Erwin in Sept...or maybe I'll see some before then..altho seeing another Rune on the road has been like seeing a Unicorn.... And actually I don't REALLY mind that.... I do like being the only one around... :biker:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am sorry to say that I did not bring a camera on this trip. But , the pictures referred to in the previous messages are what I was talking about. I had seen another rune (other than mine) which had the painted side covers. It looks so much better in person than in the pictures above. I want to do the same to mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts