Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be fun to start a list of who's going....where you're from...etc., for our first ever Rune Rally in September at Erwin, TN.

So I'll start the list. Sherry and i are going with our two Runes....from Titus, Alabama.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Vicki and I leave in Roswell, GA (Atlanta) and are going to the Rune Rally in Sept. She may have to drive her car since none of my three seats accommodate a passenger. If others in the area have the same situation maybe a car pool might work.

·
Registered
236 Posts
OK its offical --- Just finished up making my reservations -- MARUNE , Dave, and wife, Agatha "Gaye", will be at the first Rune Rally. I hope to leave from East Aurora, New York on Thursday and be in TN Friday, to get in some riding, maybe a quick trip to the "The Tail of the Dragon". We will be staying through Monday night, and heading home Tuesday morning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife Sarah will be riding her Honda VTX 1300 beside my Rune. We'll be coming from Gainsville, Ga. Looking forward to Labor Day weekend. We will stay Friday and Saturday. :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
hi everyone my wife lucy and I will be attending the first rune rally we live in Maryland and maybe Marune we could find a meeting place and head down togeather I to would like to do the tail of the dragon

Charles AKA Tinpony

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tail of the Dragon side trip

Hi Charles,

Just started to check out the Dragon side trip. It looks like it is about 150 miles to the southern end of the Dragon from the RUNE RALLY hotel. The Cherohala Skyway / Dargon Loop is about 115 miles. The total for the side trip would be 415 miles. I am thinking of doing it on Friday Sept 2, as I plan to be in Erwin. TN on Thursday night Sept 1, Tuesday, Sept 6, is a alternate date... just have to see how it works out the best.

Check out the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway at these links:

http://www.tailofthedragon.com

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/loop.html

Stay in touch ... I'm sure we can work out the side trip.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Re: Tail of the Dragon side trip

MARUNE said:
Hi Charles,

Just started to check out the Dragon side trip. It looks like it is about 150 miles to the southern end of the Dragon from the RUNE RALLY hotel. The Cherohala Skyway / Dargon Loop is about 115 miles. The total for the side trip would be 415 miles. I am thinking of doing it on Friday Sept 2, as I plan to be in Erwin. TN on Thursday night Sept 1, Tuesday, Sept 6, is a alternate date... just have to see how it works out the best.

Check out the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway at these links:

http://www.tailofthedragon.com

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/loop.html

Stay in touch ... I'm sure we can work out the side trip.
The Dragon and Cherohala are great motorcycle roads. I have ridden both on many occasions. The Dragon is a never ending route of tight twisties that are extremely challenging while the Cherohala offers beautiful high altitude scenic views.

An alternative ride: One of my favorite bike roads is TN 395 south from Erwin that becomes NC 197 down to Burnsville. Then US19E to NC 80S to the South Toe River Road to the Blue Ridge Pkwy and on to Mount Mitchell State Park (the highest point east of the MS River).

A return route east and north on the parkway is scenic and a lunch break at the Inn at the Little Switzerland exit is always well worthwhile. From the Parkway take NC226W to NC261N that becomes TN143N through Roan Mt. State Park. Here plan to visit the gardens while resting the butt and then work your way back to Erwin. The total trip is about 160 miles of winding mountain roads requiring about 5 hours of driving time plus 3 hours for the 3 stops.[/img]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Re: Tail of the Dragon side trip

RuneMan said:
The Dragon and Cherohala are great motorcycle roads. I have ridden both on many occasions. The Dragon is a never ending route of tight twisties that are extremely challenging while the Cherohala offers beautiful high altitude scenic views........
..... maybe we should cool it on the road descriptions .... I noticed that the number 1 Rune state ( east of the Mississippi ), Florida, is not on the list of states attending... could it be that they are not aquainted with the phrases ... "tight twisties .... high altitude scenic views ..." ???

..... on second thought they must all be at Bike Week. I'm sure when they get back they will sign up .... or at least question the descriptions..... :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rune Ralley!!!

Indianaplois will be represented at the Rune ralley in Septemeber, just made my reservations today. Looking forward to meeting other Rune owners and I hope you all like to ride! Best wishes to everyone for a safe and wonderful trip, see you in September! JHS

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally made the reservations. :roll:
My wife Tammy and I will be there in September. Looking forward to it. :D

Knoxville, TN
IBRuned
Bill

·
Registered
16 Posts
FLorida Rune already done dragon

Did the dragon and Devils Den last July!! Curves and hights don't scare me off (mostly) I live in Florida because it gives the most riding days per year.

I'd love to do the Rune rally but already have the following bike trips planned for this year:

Viskburg, MS - April
Guntersvill, AL - May
Missouri or Indiana in June ......
Gainsville, GA - July
Memphis, TN - September (Labor day weekend)
Daytona - October
Dothan - November

G

·
Going to the Rune Rally

Hi - party for one
Also booked a room at the Holiday Inn

Riding from Ohio,well pretty boring entry-my wife wrote that stuff at the top.She is unleashing me for that week-end,so I'm out to have a blast,I went to the Honda Home-coming------can ya all say boring,I fell asleep so many friggin times and when it was time to sleep I couldn't. Apparently I've been given a King size bed at the Holiday Inn so much room! I believe the room could actually hold several rune riders,I get the bed-so if rooms are over booked and you have to lower your standards and sleep elsewhere please ask for me,bring your own pillow and sleeping bag. I know we all ride an expensive Bike and some of us are feeling the crunch,so not to be shy. See me at dinner (not a problem at all! See ya! I'd submit a picture but I've seen my bike already a 1000 times P/S IS ANYBODY PASSING THROUGH OHIO' 'ID LOVE TO HOOK UP WITH OTHERS. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] :arrow: :roll: javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes

·
Registered
852 Posts
Rune Rally

I made my reservations several months ago and I am coming from Freeland, MD. .... Mike

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Tim,
What is the name of the hotel we are staying at? I forgot. And, I want to Mapquest it so I can get there Friday.

Where is the schedule posted?

Ken

·
Registered
27 Posts
rune rally

Ha, guys sold Goldwing 4 days ago now the owner of a big red rune I am going to try my best to be at the rally, look forward to meeting other rune riders, P S girlfriend said to buy a bigger sit she loves to ride.

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it's in your back yard.....Erwin, TN. you better be dere' 8) :lol: :wink:

G

·
Rune Rally

So many rides, don't know if I can make it but I had to respond to BBRune. I live in So Cal where you REALLY can ride all the time. I lived for the longest year of my life in Corral Springs and I gotta tell you, I live in a far better place for year round riding. 8)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts