Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I am looking for chromed handlebar ends, looking like the ones fitted on Ollie's (Afghanpilot) Rune (picture attached to the add he has posted related to his Rune's sale). I haven't been able to find on the net a possible seller (ISA Honda Canada) that Ollie indicated to me.
Any tip or advice ?
I thank you in advance.
BR/Olivier

·
Administrator
1,345 Posts
I really wish I could remember where those nice handlebar ends came from but we’re talking over 15 years ago when they were purchased.

Perhaps if someone can find a vendor to make a string of 10-20 of them that might bring the cost down.

-Ollie

• Sad
Reactions: robdennison

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really wish I could remember where those nice handlebar ends came from but we’re talking over 15 years ago when they were purchased.

Perhaps if someone can find a vendor to make a string of 10-20 of them that might bring the cost down.

-Ollie
Dear Ollie,
It would be great to both find a vendor and get lower price !
as far as I am concerned I could order 2 pairs.
Best/Olivier

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts

-Ollie
They look like they're the ones from Tom at Ultimate Machining. He's long, long, long been out of the business. Anyway, that's what they look like to me. He's been out of the Rune business for well over a decade....................if they are his..............

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Bar ends in the above picture were sold by lsahonda out of Canada by way of ebay. They sold out out of them around 2009, lsahonda was contacted in 2010 and asked if they would make more, they would if 50 sets were presold, that never happen.

RUNEUSA made some that were close in design and came in colors to match your Rune.

Ultimate Machining's were of a different design.

I have/had sets from both Ultimate Machining and lsahonda."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Bar ends in the above picture were sold by lsahonda out of Canada by way of ebay. They sold out out of them around 2009, lsahonda was contacted in 2010 and asked if they would make more, they would if 50 sets were presold, that never happen.

RUNEUSA made some that were close in design and came in colors to match your Rune.

Ultimate Machining's were of a different design.

I have/had sets from both Ultimate Machining and lsahonda."
Many thanks for this very precise reply. if you still have one, you wouldn’t need, would you accept to sold one set (Isahonda) to me ?

Best/Olivier

·
Registered
19 Posts
"None for sale.

If I was wanting a set or two and none could be had, I would take the OEM bar end off and take it along with a picture of the one above you want to a CNC machine services shop(s) to have a CAD model/drawing worked up and see what they would charge to make one or two sets you want or more if you want to have some to sell to others.

*** If you have never removed the bar ends, the throttle side bar end screws onto plastic threads. The throttle sleeve is plastic, and a number of members have had the thread part break off when over tightening the bar end or by accident with contacting the bar end into something, more so as you add custom bar ends that are longer or stick out more."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great to have the picture you sent. I am going to ask ultimate machining for a quote. As they have already produced the bar ends for the Rune, even though it’s been a long time, they should have kept the plans, I hope...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great to have the picture you sent. I am going to ask ultimate machining for a quote. As they have already produced the bar ends for the Rune, even though it’s been a long time, they should have kept the plans, I hope...
"I was going to state you could try Ultimate Machining to see if they would do some, but the last time (it has been a while) I talked to the Tom's (Sr & Jr) they had tons of work/orders, and the Rune parts were too small of an order/item. Tom Jr had a Rune (not sure he does anymore) he went by the handle shopdog96 on this forum. Were great people to do business with!

I'm sure others would like to know how it goes with Ultimate Machining..

It's possible they are no longer in business

ULTIMATE MACHINING INC
4741 NW 103 AVE
SUNRISE FL 33351
(954) 749-9810
."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts