Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the local dealer, sat on a few, Marune is correct, its heavy to lift from the side stand, but easy to push down with the right foot and the bike just comes up for me. Dealer willing to let me ride one, but no batteries in them, (guess they have been sitting for a while), :shock:
so they will have one ready for me to ride tomorrow. 8) 8)

Looking at the chrome, has anyone had a problem with reflections from all that chrome,
:?:
I ask because one of the issues I have with my harley is reflections, if the sun is up anywhere, I will get a reflection, I need to use a full face to block some of it. :?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The only reflection that will get you if you ride a Rune is the goofy face of the Rune's owner in a continuous fit of disbelief.

Nothing is shiny in your face from chrome. The curves integral to the shape of the Rune work against that "feature".

Ken (33,450 miles on my Rune!)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sat on a black w chrome wheels, and a maroon with spec 47, there was a black one that they had sent the tin out to be painted, with custom real flame. I will be interested in seeing it when they get it back.

The salesman said that they sent out spec 47 wheels to get chromed, and the result was better than the factory chrome. he had used them on his bike and ridden hundreds of miles in Oregon rain and crap and it never scratched his wheels.

So I am thinking that I could start with spec 47 then move to chrome. he quoted about 700 for chromed, new bearings, and polished roters. this is less than the extra 1500 they want for chrome wheels. he said they could do that in the winter when pulling the wheels for new tires and it would just take longer. and since they are pulling wheels for new tires, it wouldn't cost much extra labor. :wink:

(I can have 8K on a new bike by winter :lol: )

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forgot to mention that I think they both had pull back bars, as I have short arms and it felt OK, my hands just fell onto the bars without having to reach.

Oh and I kept asking about price, he kept saying they would be willing to work with me, :D so I kept saying I am tracking prices on ebay and cycletrader and would bring them in, and give the dealership first crack at a sale, but I saw no reason to pay extra just because they are local, and I love road trips, and he kept saying they would work with me. and if they got the demo bike back, I could ride it for a while, but if I ride a new one, they want me to make it a short ride.

OK by me :lol:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Glare

I do notice glare at times...the chrome on the gas tank is usually the culprit and causes me not to be able to see the digital speedo and gas gauge... Occasionally I get it from the flat spot facing the driver from the handle bar riser and can't see that my blinker is still on...The good news is that I never drive for hours at a time in the exact same direction with the sun in the exact same spot in the sky 8) This bike is heavy but after driving it for a month, all other bikes will seem like toys...The weight is a feel of quality for me now... The 1800 VTX and the Rocket III both feel like lightweight toys (albeit powerful lightweight toys) after getting used to the Rune.... Come join us.... you will never regret owning a Rune... I think :shock:

·
Administrator
6,931 Posts
i too get some glare from the flat spot on the handle bar clamp....and the windvest mounting hardware. Just once in a while...when i'm in the "right" angle to get it. But when i do, it's pretty dang bright and annoying!

But it aint no big "thang"......

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Let me know when you sign on the dotted line! We'll have to get together for a ride with Firefit and zip out to Greshan on a Wednesday nite. There were two Runes there this week, my bud called me to ask where I was as he figured I was one of the two.
jack

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deal :D :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
So nice to ride...

Hi Guys,
Today I did a short 100miles ride ! I can't believe how it is on the road, so stable, like on a rail ...and so many people looking at it! than can't believe this bike is made by HONDA
Great feeling to see all those bikres looking at you....not used to it

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Now Jacqus =- remove all the dorky Honda signs off the bike.. And remove the air pressure tag that is messing up the rear axle cover. And remove the VIN tag on the front fork. The VIN number is stamped there already!!! use Acetone to remove the HONDA paint on the stamped words on the cylinder heads.

Ken

·
Registered
347 Posts
I already removed most of Honda identification, not sure for the VIN tag on the fork, I do not believe that would be legal regarding French laws....
I still have to name my bike, not sure yet what to choose, NDA ? DNA ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
No Sure yet for the name...but like DNA

short encouter yesterday
a guy pulled by my side at a red light, and was asking what kind a wonderful bike I had...I answered, "no idea it was my english friend bike"..then he asked about the engine..."no idea I said", but I told him I was wondering about the strang engine wisling...then after looking at the engine, he told me, "for sure this byke was turbo charged", pointing out the long chrome part on each upper part of the engine....
"You must be right, this is why I ca hardly start in second gear without doing some heavy burning...and I took off very slowly...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good story !

Jacques,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :yes: (this must do for now, we don't have an emoticon, that is manageable - if we had, I would have set it up to move up in to your pic and press Your thumb).

- If You decide to actually remove the Vin tag as Ken suggested, You could consider to place a small note with rubber band on the clutch grip and call the bike John Doe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.