Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using Mobile 1 0-40 synthetic motor oil ? If so, opinions and or observations would be helpful. I feel that this is one of the most highly regarded synthetics on the market and I am considering making the change. Thanks for any help or opinions.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You will hear many opinions on which brand and synthetic verses fossil, the bottom line is any major brand which meets or exceeds manufacturers specifications will be a good choice. I went to synthetic because I want to extend my oil interval. Honda recommends 8k miles, most people change at 3-4k and if thats your interval then why spend the money on synthetic so I now go the full 8k miles with AMSOIL (its the brand I have in the garage at this time) and I don't worry about an early oil change interval. I would feel confident going 12k miles with synthetic.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
We posted a lot on oil back last may or so.
I use Amsoil 10-40 Synthetic Motorcycle oil. I have ridden the heck out of my Rune, and my Yamaha V-star. Both havent failed because of lousy lubrication. The Yamaha has 28,000 miles. barely broken in. My Rune, almost 27,000 miles...purring. When I rode it from SC to Colorado, then Up Pikes Peak, and all the way back to SC the dipstick showed no oil was used. That was almost 4,500 miles of hard riding (yes, I explored what 110 MPH into a head wind does to gas economy in Kansas for extended riding).

Now I have started putting a neodymiumboron super magnet on the oil filter. that will stop the submicron sized iron particles from passing thru.
grit is another matter. I change my oil at 3,000. See me after I get to 100,000 miles and ask what my opinion about synthetic oil is.

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts