Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Hi name is GT - new member - Live in the Frozen Tundra so the bike has been placed to the side for a bit. Started looking for after market exhaust systems and found the conversion by Dragon Packs - I was skeptical @ first but the work Ernie does is just as good as OEM. The sound is fantastic and the turn around is surprising. I had them back within a week ! I do not think you'll be disappointed at all with his work or the results - the bike now sounds like a "small block Chevy" even fooled my wife as she came down to the garage thinking I had kicked over our Vette.............. I can't wait for spring to get it out on the road - only -25 wind chill this morning. contact Ernie through [email protected] - you'll enjoy the results !

GT

·
Jersey Boy
2,807 Posts
Jeff,
Ernie takes your mufflers and does a lobectomy on them (removes part of the insides ) and gives them back to you sounding better than new. I "don't think" it improves performance any.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exhaust Mods

Ernie states he tested on a Dyno and picked up 2BHP - I am not sure I can verify until we get the bike to a shop with a Dyno - but anything that breathes easier is bound to make an improvement. Yes, he is doing a disection takes the inside baffles out, from what I see, a professional job though, and you can't believe how good the welds look when he's through - I'll tell you I could not tell much difference from the OEM weld lines.
I plan on putting on a Dyno come spring - will update results at that point but for now - it is an amazing sound and his work is good.
Thanks for the questions !
GT

·
Jersey Boy
2,807 Posts
Jeff,
Sorry, I stand corrected :oops: . I met Ernie and his wife at Lake George last year. Real stand up, down to earth good reople. I take his word as gospel. The Rune does need more bite in the sound dept. and Ernie is the man that did the Valk justice in that department.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys ! Thanks for the compliment GT and Runeski. I just wanted to clarify that GT received the newly revised and updated mod that we do here now. It is quite a bit louder than what I was running at Inzane in Paducah....REDVALK are you listening??? 2HP is about all that you are going to gain with this mod. If you guys really want to pick up some Horsepower you should do my airbox mod which is just a matter of cutting off the the top of the stock airbox and exposing the whole air cleaner element. You have to eliminate the vacumn operated air flap motor and plug the the vacumn line. Be sure to reinstall the air temperature sensor in its original location. The induction noise sounds like a Big block Ford with dual quads, and you stand to pick up 8 to 10 HP. THIS IS FREE HP guys, and you shouldnt have to pay for it.... I understand that some of you have. You can go back to stock by just purchasing the top of the air box from Honda. All this was proven on the dyno at www.ufocycles.com in Cleveland, Ohio. Jon at UFO is well known in the racing circuit, and was very helpful and eager to get my Rune on his Dyno. We must have done about 12 passes on different days as we were experimenting with different versions of exhaust and airbox modifications. With my exhaust mod and airbox mod together we acheived over 100HP. Feel free to contact me... [email protected] Regards, Ernie

Hey Runeski...FYI I just sold my trailer. Redvalk...Did you find a box yet?

·
Administrator
6,931 Posts
i have a box that is a tight fit. I can ship it....and try it. Maybe if i mark 'FRAGILE' on it ....maybe it would make it ok?

Louder exhaust. That's good. But i still need someone to take off the exhaust and put it back on. i'm too worried about scratching it up. i'm hoping you....or RIVCO....will be doing some exhaust mod installs at a rally i go to. If one of you do it....no matter the cost or which one of you it is....i'm gonna do the exhaust mod thing. If i have to take the exhaust off myself and put it back on.....doubt it's ever gonna' happen for me :cry: Just too much stuff to scratch/mess up for this 'wrench gorilla' to mess with it. If it can be scratched up....i'd probably do it!

I know you said you probably will never do that kind of thing at a rally. Rich from Rivco worked on both my Runes at InZane last year...i'm guessing my best hope is that he comes out with his exhaust mod...and will do mine for me at a rally. i'll just bring both Runes on the trailer....leave one with him one day....the other one with him another day. Assuming he will do it. Or....maybe i'll talk you into doing them :twisted:

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
This is a 2004 thread ........ The fella that did this mod. Is no longer around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.