Rune Rider Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Its hard for me to imagine that mate, hope you get back to yours soon and get some riding in.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Don't you ever ride your bike.:wink: Miles on mine is almost 100,000 more than yours.

Of course out here in sunny California we don't WINTERIZE out bikes.:D:D

1COOLMC
Well obviously I do! It's just that I don't have to go far to get to awesome riding spots. Top of Pikes Peak is 45 miles (and a 7300ft elevation gain) away from my driveway.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
RUNE517 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - My first Rune milestone! - in the General Message Board forum of RuneRiders.

Here is the message that has just been posted:
14,000 miles.....how many tires have you used so far? oem or other wise?

All of my tires have been OEM.

Fronts seem to get ~3k miles. With all of that weight on the front wheel, they sure wear rapidly.
Although, checking my records, the current front seems to be lasting much longer having 3300 miles and showing little wear. Must have been a better quality build?

Rear, I cant give a mileage estimate because I've never worn one out.... I changed the original rear tire at ~3k miles because it was nearly 7 years old,
two have gotten ruined by nails, one of which had less than 1k miles on it! So, I believe I am on my 4th.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I used OEM tires on the first 32,230 miles. That was 5 sets. Then I went to AVON STORM'S and mileage nearly doubled and half the cost. I also installed a rear tire on the front. So the next 75 k miles I have used
7 sets of AVON's. Current set has just over 10 K. Will need replacements soon.

1COOLMC

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I used OEM tires on the first 32,230 miles. That was 5 sets. Then I went to AVON STORM'S and mileage nearly doubled and half the cost. I also installed a rear tire on the front. So the next 75 k miles I have used
7 sets of AVON's. Current set has just over 10 K. Will need replacements soon.

1COOLMC
Which Avons do you use? Do they rub the inside of the fenders?

·
Registered
576 Posts
The first few sets the front tire was a 150-70-ZR18. They did rub. Solution was to take a sheetrock rasp ,spin tire with a 4 inch/ 24 inch belt sander and file away to there was a clearance on center of wheel.

When I switched to the 160-60 no more tire rub.

The area that did rub the fender was the brace support under the fender. I am sure you saw tht piece of aluminum after removing the fender from the bike.

1COOLMC

·
Registered
576 Posts
The first few sets the front tire was a 150-70-ZR18. They did rub. Solution was to take a sheetrock rasp ,spin tire with a 4 inch/ 24 inch belt sander and file away to there was a clearance on center of wheel.

When I switched to the 160-60 no more tire rub.

Avon TIRES are the 3D X-M Sport Touring.
The area that did rub the fender was the brace support under the fender. I am sure you saw tht piece of aluminum after removing the fender from the bike.

1COOLMC

·
Registered
576 Posts
81 - 100 of 118 Posts