Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
Kat on a Hot Tin Rune ( http://ken.crawley.org/4.html?frm_data1 ... ype=large# )will be riding with me when we do our day rides in Tennessee... but, we are bringing Jerod along in the Volvo. He is 7, and rides on my Rune every day when I pick him up at child care after school.

If he has his own helmet, is there anyone out there that would give him a ride?

I may consider letting Kat ride with someone else... but she gets kinda frisky and you might lose your concentration. Whereas, Jerod, would just simply be a kid...

Ken (34,500 miles)

PS: SiteData, I suspect I know your answer

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
I’m trying not to be obnoxious and RuneSki still picks on me.

Ken, I would be more than happy to have the little tike as a passenger but I just may have a frisky of my own in attendance.
Should my intended guest come to her senses, he’s got a ride.

By the way does anyone know if the areas of our ride have helmet laws?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ken, I ride a Wing, surely not as exciting as a Rune, but I would be glad to have your son ride with me.
I can only speak for the guided ride on Saturday in reply to the helmet question. Both Tennessee and North Carolina require helmets.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Local rides like this

Know the younger guys like the bikes..here is my Grandson..

Loves to ride.....

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offers gents! We will work it out when we are there!!

Alan, yes, the Corbin TrimTab faring keeps the wind down. The articulation feature is very useful.
however: it is very hard on the mounting hardware attached to the headlight. I have broken one stay, and now the bracket that has the alan screw on the sideways part is broken. Lots of stress on those wimpy components. If I win the WindVest I will consider swapping it out.

Ken (34,375 miles)

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
actually Ken...it's not a Windvest...but either Memphis Shades or National....can't remember which? Hope ya' win it........

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ken, I haven't cleared my schedule for certain yet, but am still trying. If I can make it I'll be bringing my 8 year old son with me. Maybe that will work out well for each of us.

Dirk

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
Dirk...

...try to hurry up and let me know if you are coming. I'm trying to finalize all the details....and that means i have to have an accurate head count for food...etc.

I'm trying to get everything done in the next week....so.....if ya' can....let me know!

Sermon...if you're out there...that goes for you too...pretty please :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts