Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer has a used rune for sale with 2,000 miles. It is blackcherry, with two additional aftermarket seats, windshield, riding pegs, and pull back bars. It is in excellent condition. I have owned a Valkre 1500 in the past and my last bike was a BMW K1200rs.

I would like feedback on the following:

How comfortable the Rune is for distance riding?

What mods should I make to it?

What is a fair price?

Overall opinions?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've also gone from a Valkyrie (7 years) to a Rune. IMHO the Rune is a par with a standard Valk for comfort if not a little better. I would say through that it suits people of a slightly smaller stature than does the Valkyrie
A lot of people would say you need to get an aftermarket seat (eg Corbin) for distance work, but I don't find it too bad. I did a trip around Europe on mine last year (4000 miles -some days 450 miles) and I was as happy on it as my Standard Valk over the same distance. So in others words if you had to change your Valk seat then you'd have to do it on your Rune.
Sounds like you're getting free aftermarket seats anyway.
If you hunt around a Rune can be had now for a tad under $20,000 and that's a lot of bike for the Money.
If you liked your Valk you're gonna LOVE the Rune.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Used Rune

Used is Used. I paid 19,000 for mine NEW. Regardless of ANY extras, you should not pay more than that. Whenever you do something to your bike, expect that money to be thrown away, no matter what it was. What are they going to do with the extra seats? Throw them away if you don't want it? Remember salesmen are scum, and will do anything to make more money on a deal.
GOOD LUCK JEFF

·
Registered
347 Posts
F6c/ Rune

Hi,
I had a Rune while in Switzerland for almost 4years, and loved it. I a now awaiting for my Brand New black cherry Rune !
I strongly believe my F6c was fare more confortable that the BMW R1200C I am currently riding, even if this bike is great a very agile and as ABS braking system.
In a months from mow, I will be able to tell you the diffrence between the 2 Walks generation.
BTW , after extensive investigation, I decided to buy a new one from an authorized dealer for $19 990. From other I could have had $ 19 500, or even $19 000, but I favored the safe opportunity to have a board menber providing the tip from a known dealer, and following the crating & expedition for me with the localy...after all some attention before a long and lonely trip in a cold black box, is worth $490

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. The dealer that is selling the bike has quoted me $18,500. They sold the bike new and bought it back from the owner. I figure that I can get it for $18,200 with all of the extras.

I have not been able to find any new ones or used (with only 2,000 mi) for this price. I know the dealer well, because I purchase alot of dirt bikes and equipment from them.

With respect to comfort, my old 99 1500 Tourer was very comfortable, but did not like the comfort of the BMW. I always felt like I was placing too much weight on my arms.

Thanks Again. I let you know if I join the Rune family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts