Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.corbin.com/accessories/glovebox.shtml

Doesn't look to bad and is probably a good idea if you need a little extra storage from time to time. I don't think I would keep it on the bike all the time, but it's sure better than that ass-ugly fender they make.

(Oh, and thanks Corbin for sending me the last non-backrest capable seat.......)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Adrian,
Please post pictures once you get the glovebox installed. I currently use a Tour Master bag in the passenger seat area but this looks like a much better application. Thanks
Greg

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I have a Corbin two-up seat with back rest.

I bought it from a former member who sold his Rune and then pieced off his aftermarket acquisitions.
I don’t know if the back rest I have is a 02-S model.
Does anyone know how I can determine what I have?
I think my back rest is oversized, because it looks larger then the one Corbin had pictured.
I like the Glove Box but I don’t want to but it if it won’t fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Chuck,
I have the two-up touring seat from Corbin with the double back rests. I just checked their web site and their description of our back rests are the proper ones for this glove box to fit. I will probably wait for Adrian to post some pixs before I make up my mind. Unless you buy yours first and beat him with the pictures. I'm like you, I don't mind spending the money but I would rather see it on somebody elses bike first. I don't want to decrease the coolness factor I have going now.
Greg

·
Registered
486 Posts
If I had a corbin saddle and backrest I would add it, slick, way to go Corbin! I can't wait to see one on a Rune.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Tim, your momentary quandary, regarding proportions, is clear evidence you’ve never spoken with any one of my five former wives.

I think my two-up seat backrest is oversized and I use the seat very seldom. So even though I’d like a glove box, on the two-up, it doesn’t make sense to purchase another backrest. My Gunslinger seat isn’t equipped for a backrest.

And yes, RuneSki, there were five, Judy, Jackie, Carol, Cheryl and Patricia, all lovely ladies each of whom hold a special place in my heart .

·
Registered
534 Posts
Chuck, ....

Chuck,

- Have you ever considered if there is any significant correlation between your seat preferences for the Rune and your number of ex-wifes ? :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi,
under my dual seat there is a lot of space and it is not higher than the original, j am building a woodbox similar to cigar box for storing what necessary for maintenance. j doubt anyway to be able to store a coffe machine even if the generator may sopport it. :lol:
nice the glovalbox from corbin.
concerning the number of wifes j am astonished :shock:
in Italy we use to say "mistake is human but persevere is diabulicus"
:D
hahhahahah, my best compliments
and to John DK, you have deep thoughts.
ciao
hannibal

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Chuck,
I can arrange a sixth. I will pay her freight to Florida. You know who I speak of!! Gretta Von Hildenburg. :wink:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just posted pictures of new Corbin Glovebox on my Rune. They are in the Rune Photo Post (diehardeddie). The quality and workmanship is perfect. Paint is a perfect match. Hope you can find the pics easier than the time, I had posting them. Let me know if you have any questions. Ed

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I swore I wouldn’t buy one because it would not fit that mammoth back rest I have. (See Pg.1 of this topic)

Well just to prove you can’t believe a word I say, last week I ordered one, with a back rest to fit. It should be arriving in a week or so; Corbin told me they needed to make one and have it painted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Chuck, It surpasses all expectations. It's pricey but, is really finished off nicely inside with a padded type carpet. I ordered it installed on an extra backrest so that I just have to unscrew the one screw and change out backrests. (I hate getting unscrewed.) It holds more than I thought it would. It even looks good on the bike. I am really pleased with it. At least I can carry some "STUFF" now. Stay Cool, Ed

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow! That looks great! $%$*&(! Corbin! I can't believe I got the last non-backrest ready seat. Maybe a sale is in order soon..

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
got both of my glove boxes in for my Runes....

Yep, both my glove boxes came in yesterday. Mounted them on last night. It must just be me…but man, I had a TOUGH time putting the one on my wife’s bike…the first one I did. I removed that back plate that was already on the backrest (you are supposed to remove that and leave it off…right????)

Then I TRIED AND TRIED to get those allen head bolts to line up and screw in. But between the tight space inside the box….and the lack of light….and my impatience and frustration….after ONE FREAKING HOUR…I still didn’t have it on! Finally the wife came in from the barn…and with a second set of hands….and a flashlight for light….and a special smaller allen wrench/ratchet tool…finally I was able to get the dang thing on. One hour and fifteen minutes later…and much cussing.

The one on my black Rune went on in just over 5 minutes. Threads on screws went on easier….and I had her helping with second set of hands and light…and I had a bit more experience doing it, I suppose. Honest, I’m not THAT stupid. I’m a dang Engineer. But the holes on hers just did NOT want to line up.

Put another way, it’s a dang good thing I like the looks of these. Cause my original plan to take them on and off and only use them when I needed them…has been scrapped! I don’t want to put them back on again any time soon :shock:

it looks better than i thought it would. if i really think i ever want to run without it, i'll probably order another back rest. i'm not about to go to the trouble of putting this on and off again 8)

i would have taken some pictures...but it was 1030 pm by the time i got through the frustrating installation (of something so simple, go figure). and then....we got hit with hail storms and bad lightning and heavy rain from 1100 pm to 3 in the morning. Woke up to more of it this am. And one of my three pond dams has a serious 'washout' occuring from all the flooding...and is in danger of breaching. so i am going to have to go work on that all afternoon ....in the rain. So no pics for now....maybe tonight?

bottom line, i like them....but the installation was bizarrely far more difficult ...for me anyway, than i ever would have dreamed it would be!!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Corin glove box

Tim,

Let´s hear your opinion about the finish of the Corbin glove box (painting etc.) when you have it (them) in real daylight ... perhaps when you're uploading pictures to the board ... not to question the comments, evaluation and pictures from DieHardEddie, but to hear the opinion of an owner of a black Rune, too.

BTW : Living on a farm must be work demanding sometimes - as an alternative to i.e. house and garden - your choise with your family - but three pond dam´s :?: :!: - IMHO one should be enough to get a "time-out", rest and enjoying the mirror water surface with a beer ... what are your breeding in them :?: - One for goldfish, one for salmon and perch and one for piranjas :?: :?: :!: :!: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts