Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't give away new chrome for an '04 Rune?!?

They don't get any cheaper than this guys:

Left Front Cover: $100

Left Valve Cover: $110

Right Exhaust Cover: $160

Make an offer, you can call me since I don't get on the internet daily.

Steve
714-400-5031
714-871-1677

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe from what your describing that the exhaust cover your selling is in worse cosmetic condition than mine. I did a really stupid thing last night. I just got my rune about 1 week ago. I also have a Valkyrie. Anyway I always place a small block of wood under the side stands of both bikes when there in my garage. So last night i decided that I was going to put Dyna Beads in the tires on the Rune. So while the Rune was on the side stand I removed the valve core of the rear wheel to let all the air out. I then walked around in my garage looking for something when all of a sudden I heard a crash! I looked and oh **** my Rune tipped over onto it's right side because the wood block under the side stand was making it stand up straighter and the front wheel was pointed straight and not to the far left. I almost had a heart attack. It not only tipped over but the head light bucket actually fell against my wife's 350Z and put a dingy in her car. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!. Well it could have been a lot worse. My Rune only has 734 miles on it and it was mint. I'd been looking for a while the right one. The only damage was a small dent in the rear of the right exhaust and the tip of the right side crash bar was pushed in a little. I will say that the crash bars did their job. I removed the side exhaust cover and was able to slowly pound out most of the dent. After I saw what the retail prices of the crash bar and side exhaust cover I decided not to take any action at this point.

I apologize for the long windy reply but i needed to vent about it. Ahhh I feel better. Well thanks for replying to me regarding your exhaust. I am too a perfectionists and it's killing me that I did such a stupid thing. I knew better. OH well no one was hurt and that's really all that counts.

Thanks

Gerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts