Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yeah, I think they change the look of the bike to much, I havn't heard them yet, I think RedValk has heard them. I don't know of anyone here in the group who has them.
Another Illinois Rune Rider, palos heights is in Chicagoland right?
I live almost halfway between St. Louis and Springfield just of I-55.
Do you ever venture down south, like on the Great River Road?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my buddys xwife lives in st louis so we get down there every now and than, you can hear the demo of the pipes on their web site myself i think they look out of place

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree totally. It does detract from the look of the bike. Exhaust mod is the key without spending 1,000.00 :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
rivco 6into6 exhaust!

Alan, I have a set in the box at my house now, they arrived two days before the rune ralley. I decided not to change because I thought there might be others with the 6into6 there(advise from a rune friend in Ohio).
And with my stock exhaust being a virgin (no holes drilled) I wanted to hear how these stock exhaust sounded as a slut! Well at the rune ralley my exhaust became a slut(thanks ron) and it really sounds good. Went with a 1 1/8 inch hole in the bottom side of the muffler. Most of the carbon from the exhaust is gone now and it has a deeper rumble and is definately louder especially at full throttle. But I'm all most sure that I will be changing into the 6into6 soon, I keep finding myself wanting more...volume and torque.....I feel like a drugie!
A little info about the pipes, supposingly there were only 16 pairs sold in this run, I don't know if they will produce another run. They add 4 HP and 5 ft/lb T(independant testing) The baffle are removeable and adjustable. So, you can go for stock sound or open pipe sound; which is loud! The chrome job is great, if I had the time right now I would do it, but right now I don't, but as soon as I do I will report to the board my thoughts. At first I thought it might not add to the bike but after seeing the pipes in person I know it will look great! But hey that's just my two cents! Cheers,JHS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts