Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped by the Escanaba, Mich (in the UP) Honda shop.. The have a Black Cherry Rune with Spec 45 wheels and rear set handle bars...0-3 miles ... for sale for $19,999 + tax (5% -$1000) and plates (approx $40) total $21,040 on the road total... no additional charges... Somebody buy this thing... need another Rune in the UP so I have a bro to ride with...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Rich,

Rich,

It seems like a really good bargain, compared to what it on www.cycletrader.com and www.ebay.com in the US for the moment.

- Think of the poor european guys beeing Board members ... paying at least EUR 25 K - 32 K, some quite more for a Rune ...

- And it dosen´t help that Ken quite correctly states, that a Rune is approx. 1 K beers - that just indicates that beer :capwin: :beer8: is expensive here, too :!: :twisted: :cus: :idea:

- It seems like you US guys simply just in every way get more quality in life for your hard earned ... :D

BTW : "UP" - does that mean "Upper Part" ? - just a question ... of interest for us european guys to understand what´s going on on the Board ... :oops:

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
John:

:clap2: I do admire you, hannibal, Derek and all of the other European members of this board who are flaunt in English.
Well actually :yes: my admiration goes out to anyone who is not limited to one language.

Here in the U.S.A. languages, other than ours, are not emphasized in our school systems.
Some tongues are taught but they are elective and the classes are limited to basics.
My hat is off to you, but I don’t want for you to know what “UP” stands for.......... you are already :idea: smart enough.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Chuck,

Chuck,

Thanks ... :!:

- And thanks for the compliments ... :!:

- Beeing a citizen in a small country as DK you have to be adoptive, adaptive and have an attitude towards personal improvement - and that means to be curious, asking (sometimes silly) questions :!:

- Here we don´t have any other natural ressource than "what´s between our ears" - other than the North Sea Oil - brought up by a partnership of Shell, Royal Dutch (I think Royal Dutch is a partner) and Mærsk ( AP Møller) - oh I forgot a lot of windmill´s produced by Vestas - a competitor to GE Wind ...

Chuck, It´s a matter of adoption, adaption & improvement ... where ever you are, and whatever you´re doing ... :biker:

All that said - it doesn´t change the fact : Your lovely granddaughter (two years senior to you, (mentalwise, ref. Ken)) and your uemployed grandson (also with the Rune-smile) have a competitive advantage solely based on language capabilities - english is an allmost world wide feasible language, no doubt.

I remember 14 years ago having a discussion with my ex-wife about "doing" my daugther bi-lingual (by speaking ONLY english at home), and my ex-wife wouldn´t (read : could´t) - and now I have to go through all her (my daughter´s) home work in english - "over the Net"- Today I do regret that I didn´t do "the investment" at that time - now I have to do it with accrued interest ... :wink:

BTW : I haven´t ever graduated in english - at any level - went from 9th grade in basic school directly to high school without a graduation in english, and had to choose between english and french in high school, chose french at that time - fatal error, looking in the back mirror - afterwards I´ve had at least some K working hours not registered and billed to clients (due to personal ineffectiveness, also called "interest hours") - sometimes sh** happens due to your own personal mistakes - not other´s - this is one of my own material one´s ... and you have "to pay for it" - and as mentioned - I have paid .... "just" hard work to get ("after") it ... :wink:

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
I know 2 languages. The tongue where I was born and the one where I live now.
I was born in Jersey City, N.J and now I reside in Howell N.J. :wink:
Oh and I just might add that I worked in New York City for six years prior to getting married in 1969 :roll:
As always Rich K ( Rune Ski )
My hat is OFF to those mentioned by SITE-DADDY :!: :yes:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Rich,

Rich,

I suggest you to update your profile with your location information - that makes the life of the Board members easier in the long run ... :)

SiteData eq. SiteDaddie eq. SiteGRANDDaddie ? - It would look (almost) as cool in Chuck´s car rear window as "Got Rune ?" 8)

- A man of a certain age - and capacity ... 8)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Languages:
Italians have no problems in abroad direct contacts either in the deep space as we speak with our hands. the problem may start when we talk by radio, by phone or by internet, an help is caming from videoconference :lol: .
Dk anyway is right, sometimes it is difficult to understand life US discussions due their slang. J entered into the board chat and j may realize a 20% of the discussion (non talking about bikes).
Anyway that is common as here in italy in several parts people speak and j may not understand a single word. There is a nice song and when j hear for the first time j suppose that the singers where from Peru or Bolivia. Non they where coming from sardegna iland (italy) and singing in the local slang. :p
J lost three school years learning old latin, j may tell you that j may use it only for reading on old roman monuments.
Now we have a European Union where people speak 13/14 different languages :shock:
Well, we are working and contacts improve but as told the cat calling the mouse with a similar voice "if you do not speak some alternative language you may not eat" :p
Ciao :beer8:
hannibal

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UP

I too admire all who speak in tongues :shock: UP is Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Locals are known as Yoopers (UPer's) I live in a small town on the southern shore of Lake Superior... the largest body (surface area) of fresh water in the world...Lake Bakail in Russia has more volume- much deeper. Most mistake our slight language accent as Canadian...eh! Our summer lasts from August 12 - Aug 30. The remainder of the year is either pre-winter, winter or post-winter. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
This thread has developed ...

This thread has developed quite out the original scope - just out by a tangent - but newer the less quite interesting.

On a running basis I seek background information about the different places, cultures etc. represented on this board - it´s just a way to understand the Board members better, their geografical conditions etc.

For that purpose I ve bookmarked : http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/ where I can search a lot of information about a state to get "some degree of feeling" ...

For every country there are some information pages, and when you try click on "people" under "profile" for "Denmark" there is a lot of demografy information, ie about language this is noted :

"English is the predominant second language "

- a very short and precise way to express it, beacuse Denmark is a small country, and if you need to do anything what ever outside the danish borders, you must communicate in other language than danish.

This leads to the fact that this Board for obvious reasons (the Rune is an US phenomen) is dominated in every way by Board Members resident in the US so of cause the language must be english, if you want to communicate broadest possible in every sense.

- And sometimes some of the i.e. UE Board Members "get in a little trouble" on the board - I for instance have been in epression problems, spelling problems and understanding problems, and perhaps some of you have a little smile behind your screens reading and posting on the Board - I´m guite sure - but there haven´t in my time on the Board been just one comment indicating that our (lack of) language capabilities have given reason for a smile at "a really aboriginal" (read "fluent in english"), in stead we get help and explanation when we ask, to keep "us on the track" and sometimes even really motivating comments, as from Chuck on this thread, there have been several from others, nobody else mentioned, nobody forgotten.

- It´s very motivating and inspiring - again a caracter of a Board functioning well, I think. - It´s simply just a pleasure "beeing here" and I learn a lot, not only about the Rune. 8)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can't believe how lucky you all are being able to jump on a RUNE for K$21 !!!
Even if I could by one for K$20 in US, I realized I will have to pay, after transportation and French taxes, in the K$35 range !!!and at this point I am not yet sure I will be allowed to ride it because the HP limitation is KW 73 at engine/crank level, this why the French GW1800 as a specific 73KW ECM !! to lower the engine output.

And, guess what, it 's not compatible with the Rune why ???

Rune’s engine is loaded with Six individual 32mm throttle bodies feed the cylinders instead of the Gold Wing’s two 40mm units.

When everybody is trying to get more HP...I am dying to find a way to get less!!
Any help would be really appreciated...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rune in France?

Jacques,

Maybe the best way is to buy a 'pre-registered' one from another European country?

My spare (new) bike is still available.

Once UK registered there should be no restriction to it being transferred to another EU state/country as a technically 'used' machine - that's one of the few good reasons the EU exists!

You'd probably be looking at less than 27,000 Euro, delivered to your door, with ZERO miles...

If you want me to work out an EXACT figure, please let me know.

Regards,

Sebastien.

·
Registered
347 Posts
THx very much for your kind proposal, but I am still investigating apart from the homologation, what would be my French realistic landed price.
To date, without any negotiation, I received a K$ 24.5, proposal (landed in Montpellier France) ,from a US Honda dealer.
I got a cote for crating and Air transport for less than$2000, that does leave the bike at K$22.5. Maybe I have some room for negotiation when I look at current rune prices on the board, cycltrader & Ebay.
Even if I have to add the +26% taxes in would be in the K$ 31 range max (KE 23.5).
That said having a bike next door and waiting for me as some real value...question being, what's this value ?
As always I am open for negotiation and educated advises.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts