Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow RUNERS,

Finally, a better price for a matched set of tires instead of DUNLOP.

:pepper1: :bow1: :excited:

BRIDGESTONE now makes an EXCEDRA G851 and G850 radials that will fit the RUNE.

130/70ZR18 front P/N 330-0387 PRICE $89.99 (down from our 150/60)

200/50ZR-17 rear P/N 330-0842 PRICE $133.99 (up from our 180/55)
See page 69-155 of their 2005 catalog.

Not a bad price for 2 tires.

These are available thru Chaparral at 1-800-841-2960
Phone only. They do not show on their on-line website.
7 AM to 6 PM PST M-F

I have also found them on line other places by doing a google search for bridgestone G851. Prices were within a dollar.
I run a 130 front now and its great. Plus the load rating is good for the Rune. I have a 210 rear tire that is just a little to big. The 200/50 should work out nicely.
These will be my next set as soon as I wear out my METZELERS.

I ran excedras on my 1500 Valk before. They lasted longer than dunlop and handled better.

24,000 miles and going strong.

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
i'm still waiting for someone to come out with a front tire as big.....or bigger ...than our front tire. I'll go up in size...or stay the same....but i never go down in size :lol: What can i say, size DOES matter to me 8)

I wish Avon would come out with a set that would work. And no rear tires on my front either. i'm looking for a 150 or bigger FRONT tire....made for the front...and a 180 or 190 ...maybe a 200 ...for the rear.

Still waiting/looking...............

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi,
sorry normally j speak well for items or nothing.
but according the news j am having on bridgeston or fireston tires from Usa j would be very afraid riding on their tires. it seems there were some explosion of tires.
if j am wrong j apologize.
ciao
hannibal

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tires

I would love a 150 front and a 200 rear. Just not dunlop. This is as close as I have found where they fit and are a matched set.

The tires that came apart were Firestone car tires. I have never heard of any cycle tires coming apart.

I have used EXCEDRAs before. its a good tire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AVON VENOM tires

Greetings list members,

I have several hundred miles on a new set of Avon tires with no complaints. The front tire as you all know was very problematic but the Avon Venom 150/70-18 rear tire on the front is doing well. During the reinstallation of the front tire I was concerned about clearence with the fender but that tight clearence is working. The Rune's handling is great so I will be using these tire from now on. The Dunlops suck with a capital S, very poor performance and longevity.

Spanky

·
Registered
84 Posts
old thread!

Wow, talk about reviving an old thread! There's another thread in the TechBoard that's a sticky "Tires--post what you did" where you might want to post this.

Thanks,
Erica

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Wow, talk about reviving an old thread! There's another thread in the TechBoard that's a sticky "Tires--post what you did" where you might want to post this.

Thanks,
Erica
that happens fairly often. You'll start reading what you think is a new thread. ..then think you're experiencing Deja vu ....then see the date of the thread from long, long ago! :oops:

In fact...Rune102 hasn't been on here in over 4 years! Not sure he even has a Rune still?

The other thing that happens alot...is folks will post a question without searching....and that results in the same basic questions being asked over and over and over....again and again!

·
Let's Geaux
2004 NRX18DB4 w/Chrome Wheels
963 Posts
Last time I checked... 2014 minus 2005 = 9 years...LOL No Wait... ROFLMAO...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts