Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Any press is good press ...... looks like the area is looking forward to having us there ....

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now working on getting local Television station coverage on us.....stay tuned....SORRY FOR THE PUN :lol:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does Honda know about it? THEY should donate some stuff. Look at all advertising you're giving them :!:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
urrgggghhhhhhhh....you've touched on a VERY sore subject for me :mad1:

YES....Honda knows about it. I called Charlie Keller from Honda America. Told him about it. He told me to write a letter and spell out everything about the rally. I did. I offered to fly them out to the rally on my dime. I got the hotel to offer a room for them for free. i pleaded with them to come out.

But apparently....kind of like the Valk folks, i guess old Mother Honda just feels like we're not worth it. So nope, they're not coming. And nope, they've offered nothing. I'm doing this all on my own. The money comes from me...and from generous folks on this board...and some creative financing. The prizes come from vendors who support us....Ultimate.....F6 Store, Direct Line, RIVCO. I bought the Corbin seat with my own money (so far, i'm 180 dollars in the hole...sure hope i sell some more tickets at the rally!).

Honda basically turned their back on us. That really bummed me out. I also tried to get Corbin's Ride On to come out and cover the event. SInce so many of us have their product on our bikes. But alas, they too passed and said they have changed the format of their show and don't cover Cruiser type rallies/events anymore.

So the room i was going to give to Charlie Keller or one of his Staff from Honda...is going to Tom from New Zealand for flying all the way out to join us.

Honda....grrr..... they didn't even have the decency to call me or write me back and say no. They just looked the other way. I guess i'll call them again tomorrow and say "what the heck". But they also blew off the Valk folks this year. Said they weren't interested. And that (InZane) is a BIG event....about a 1000 folks last year...down a bit this year. They told them they weren't intested in coming out.

i was hoping since this is their 'flagship' bike so to speak...a one of a kind...and the first Rally ever and the largest gathering of Runes in the WORLD...they would show up. ESPECIALLY on my dime! i mean, i fly them out....their room is free....breakfast is free with the room...i offered to pay for their dinner Saturday and Sunday.....it's practically a FREE trip for them? I don't get it..........

Sorry for the vent.................but i put alot into stuff like this...........

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is beyond comprehension !

Tim,

Reading Your post above is just beyond comprehension :( :!: - or should I say beyond my comprehension ...

One thing is to kindly decline an enquiry, but not answering ... :?:

When I read RockyMtnRune´s post, I thought : "They (Honda) won't attend because there is no selling spare parts in it ...."

Here in DK it´s a matter of polite behaviour to respond to enquiries, if the enquiry in its nature is "non mass".

If the identity addressed is a firm, it's also a matter of professionalism and doing business in accordance with with generally accepted business conduct.

If the identity addressed is impolite but professional, a short written response is issued, with the notice that no further response on the topic can be expected.

I suppose it's the same in the US.

---

"Vent" :?: :!: - I don't think Your wife all ways want to hear about what's on Your mind about these activities, when it's negative in it's nature, and You don't get much response from the dogs and the horses.... this is the place.

- Isn't it just a matter of YOUR politeness that this isn't brought up by You unless You are specifically asked about it like now :?: - personally I think so ...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Tim - I'm so very sorry! :( It's crazy that they would not acknowledge your inquiry, much less the event itself. Even if they wouldn't come, I'm sure they've got all kinds of giveaway things they could have contributed...things that are just laying around.

Next year I'm going to help you with this (with your kind permission). If all else fails, they'll know how we feel about their total lake of common courtesy. Sorry I touched a nerve. Just remember, this is going to be an awesome event, and YOU made it happen. If I can help with any of the final details, let me know.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
From my point of view, I’m not coming to the Rune Rally to meet a Honda shirt and I don’t need a present.
I could not care less about getting something for free.
The only reason I’m coming is to meet, in person, some of the people I’ve come to know on this site and shake their hand.
That, to me, is more important than a free set of mud-flaps.

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well put Chuck. I fully agree. And this WILL be the largest gathering of Runes on THIS planet.....to date :lol:

Hey, you still thinking about joining me and Runeman at his house north of Atlanta for the 'final' jaunt to the Rally? We're leaving his place Friday morning...2 Sep. Or are you going 'a more direct route'?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Agree with Chuck!!

Tim, just wanted to put my two cents worth, I also agree with Chuck, you have done so much and we have already seen Honda's real colors with local issues...but that is not what this gathering is about...friendship- :lol: we have here on this site.. Meeting Ken and Gene and others have been a real joy..even talking to you on the phone, listening to your bikes...
My lovely wife and I will be going to Niagara Falls, and Ceder Park the week prior and then coming down for the weekend, if anyone is coming from that direction and wants to ride with us...shoot me a PM and we'll link up for the ride down... :D

Dave

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dave,

Your in my neck of the world when you get up to Niagara Fall. Send me a PM or e-mail with the dates, from and to, and maybe we can meet up, also I can suggest some roads in the area that are nicer than the Interstates.

I hope to get to the Dragon while at the Rally ... Monday sounds good as we are planning on returning home on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Here is a cool idea as one of the rally 'games' --

A kiddie wading pool with Honda logo in middle.

Place it off to the side where we get our free beer.

:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts