Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....NEW ZEALAND!!!!! So, for all you "locals" in the US....have you booked your room yet? If not, what are you waiting for?

So add New Zealand to the list of "states" represented at the Rune Rally in September 8)

and for Tom....we are REALLY looking forward to having you there buddy!!!

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there will be an award for the person RIDING their Rune the farthest TOO THE RALLY....................

(trailering and flying there don't count, of course :oops: )

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
no no no no!
What I mean, is, who has the most MILEAGE accumulated on their Rune. Not the poor schmuck who has to bruise his bottom riding the longest distance to get to the Rally. Boring!

Hmm, and a nice certificate for the person who has accumulated the least mileage on his Rune. (I will need a future source of spare parts :wink:

ken (31,105 miles)

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not at this time Ken. We already know who accidentally bought his Rune...thinking it was a Wing....and rides it accordingly :lol:

At this time, there will be awards for 1) who rides the furthest to the rally....and 2) the coolest vanity plate.

a 'special' award might be given to the person from the farthest away...ie....New Zealand?????

There is a guy from California thinking about maybe riding out now.....that would probably win the mileage award!!!

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
RedValk don’t listen to Ken, if he were in charge of the awards ceremony there would be trophy given to the RuneRider attired in the most colorful pinafore.

As all of mine are pastel shades I wouldn’t stand a chance.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Redvalk, dont listen to SiteData! He is turgid with beans in his body cavities.

If I was running the awards ceremony. hmmm, awards would be for:

most mileage on odometer
most pitting on front fender & forks from bugs and sand
brightest headlights
ugliest 2-tone kickstand award

and a kicker award if any of the above awards are awarded for a BLACK Rune!!!!!

Ken (31,105 miles)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey Chuck,

With all the Runes in Florida .... maybe you guys could trailer / ship the bikes as a group to the motel. There are a couple of bike only shippers and I bet if there were enough bikes coming from Florida " The number one Rune State" ... they would be interested.

I came up with this one using Google .... and they have a Florida Office / Location

http://www.shipyourbike.com/

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Dave that might be a good idea if, there some others from here in Florida.

I’ve not checked anything out yet, about renting a ride, but maybe if there is a Harley Dealer near an airport I’ll see if I can
reserve a V-Rod.

If I do I’ll let everyone run the piss out of it!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Chuck - don't mess up Tim's schedule for the Rally

Chuck,

- I think I speak for all of us, when I state, that we just love Your quite strange combination of (sometimes) well behaved and polite communication on the Board, Your always witty comments and Your tendency to street urchin manners :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

I advice You to attune this proposed activity for the Rally with Tim, otherwise You might mess up Tim's time schedule for the rally, because I think the V-Rod mishandling might bee a scoop :!:

- Don't give your debit card to the HD dealer - pay cash and minimize deposit ! :lol:

Runerod,

- Perhaps You are a bit offended ... - well - You consider Your Rune as TOP BANANA, - don't You ?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
might i suggest if you can't ride your Rune to the Rally....trailer it. Cause to come to the Rune Rally without your Rune....is....well....you know, it just AINT RIGHT!!! I mean, all bikes are welcome....but what the heck, i'd think you'd want to bring your Runes ....and enjoy the company of all those gorgeous bikes all lined up together!

But come one...come all...by all means. There are still rooms left....so...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????????????????????????????

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Re: Chuck - don't mess up Tim's schedule for the Rally

“run the piss out of it”

John DK said:
Chuck,
tendency to street urchin manners :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
OK, how about they can beat the crap out of it?

Probably nobody would want to ride the V-Rod, because I’d insist they pay for their own oil.

Tim, trailering is not an option I choose. I have no trailer and my vehicle will not accept a rental hitch.
I would have to rent a car, rent a hitch and trailer just so I could park my Rune next to a Rune that looks like the Rune I just parked.
With my poor luck I’d probably get stuck with parking next to Dave’s Black Cherry.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Chuck,
The point is, you can park your Black Rune next to my Black Rune.
And then we can investigate our mutual sense of humour in real time.

Ken (31,110 miles)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Easy on the V-Rod guys. I'll be bringing my wife's and she loves the bike. Easy to handle, packs a punch, and good looking........ bike and or wife..

While a lot of people compare the Rune and V-Rod... as I have said before... A V-Rod / VTX comparison is better. IMHO a Rune should be compaired to a Road King...

Chuck ... I'd swing by with my trailer if you were on my way ... but Florida is a little out of the way... maybe somebody else is trailering and you could meet up with them. .....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts