Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ken uses the Shell93 Octane...I use it when I can. Normally the Supers up in this area are 92 Octane.. Are Octane boosters something that might help////.... or is it dangerous (to the bikes health) to start dinking around with fuel additives?????? Appreciate feedback from the wrench heads on this board...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Rich,
Just use the Shell 92. The reason they do it like that is because at your altitude, you would waste the extra "1" octane. I occasionaly add Amsoil PI to my tank. But I would not bother with "octane booster" when you read the bottle, you gotta add a lot to get even a single number boost for, say, 6 gallons.

ken (28,975 miles)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Whenever a fuel system and ignition system are controlled by a ECU (computer) and it's associated sensors it's a good idea to try to be consistent with the octane number you run so that the ECU isn't constantly having to adjust both systems. As far as being dangerous for the engine,
not unless you consistently boosted the octane over 100. My main concern would be some type of additive in the boost that might leave some type of deposit in the injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.