Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see. Adrian West's Rune was picked up by Keyboard on Tuesday July 19th, 10 days after the order was placed. It sat in their California warehouse for 7 days and was loaded on a truck last night. At 7 p.m. tonight, the driver shows up for delivery, ALONE.

He asks for my assistance unloading the bike. While the bike is still on the cradle (with the back end off the wheels so it was lower than the front) and me astride the bike, the driver releases the front tie downs, the bike rolls back, traps my ankles against the dolly, and tips over on its left side, on top of me.

So now I have a twisted left ankle and back and can't ride. And worse yet, the Rune now has scratches on both turn signals on the left side, on the left highway peg, and on the left exhaust cover. The left mirror and windshield are goners.

On the other hand, the two blocks I got to ride the bike showed me what I have to look forward to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brakes worked fine

Hogslayer,

The brakes worked fine, but as it rolled back and trapped my ankles against the dolly frame (there was a high spot in the frame behind me) the bike began to lean, and I had no way to get my feet free to hold it upright. Imagine using your feet as wheel chocks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
You know that's easily $1500-2000 in parts, I would think that the carrier should shoulder some if not all of the liability. Your bike wasn't off the truck/trailer yet, that's their responsibility until the vehicles wheels are on the pavement. The hauling company should have made sure they had enough people there to safely unload the bike. If you incurred any medical expenses they might be liable for those as well. I would approach the hauling company management and if you get no satisfaction from them then you should seek legal council. IMHO

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keystone liability

Oh, yes, they will pay, one way or another.

Just placed the call to the local Honda dealer to get the parts prices.

Also spoke to Gordon Kaiser at Keystone, who gave me a claim number, promised to have the driver's paperwork and version of the story by Monday and to talk to me Wednesday. Asked me to send digital photos of the damage. We will see how it turns out, but at least I wasn't blown off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Parts prices

Honda dealer called back with prices. They weren't real sure what part was what.

Front left turn signal base 122.99
Rear turn signal base 77.99
Left mirror 54.89
Left exhaust cover 490.99

Honda total approximately $750. Does not include windshield and highway peg.

7 day lead time on Honda parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts