Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has been competing for some time in the NBHA (National Barrel Horse Association)....racing barrel races. She's been to the World Finals quite a few years....even placed in the top 10 in the world one year (last year she was like number 15 in the word in her class).

One of the events she goes to every year is the Alabama State Championship. She's done pretty well quite a few years in that too. But she had never won it all.......

This was her last year to compete in the "Teen" event...as she turns 19 this October. Any one can compete in the "Open" division...which is more for adults...with no age limit.

One more clarification....in the NBHA...they have different 'classifications' of horses based on how fast they are. The classifications are 4-D, 3-D, 2-D and 1-D...with 4-D being the slowest ranking...and 1-D being your fastest horses. So the 1-D class is the hardest/fastest classification to win. only the fastest of the fastest compete there.

bottom line, my daughter won BOTH the Teen and the Open championship for the state of Alabama last weekend down in Andulusia. She won a bunch of money, and two of these really cool custom engraved saddles.

I just thought it was time i shared one of her accomplishments with folks on some of the boards i frequent. For one, folks who know us know that Sherry (that would be my wife) is always having to juggle what rallies she can go to with me....as she goes with Susan (my daughter) to ALL of her rallies....and to compete at that level, you have to go to a lot of them and do well! So some folks here have been asking how she is doing.

Second, given some of the negative things that have happened in our lives these days (the missing girl from Alabama down in Aruba, Michael Jackson court case, the dang BRAC list affecting MY JOB and many others, etc.)...i thought some positive news could be used.

I'm dang proud of her. Glad i could share this with ya'll......

[from left to right, the NBHA State Director, Sherry, Susan, and the winning horse, appropriately named.....Money The Fastway]

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Congratulations to her!!! We have a famous person in our midst. sortof!

Now, was that the horse that took a nip off the top of my head while we were shooting when I came and visited?

Ken

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrat's to Your daughter

Tim,

Congratulations to Your daughter ! That is quite some exit of the "Teen-divison" (and simultaniously ?) entry to the "Open-division" ! There is nothing like being a proud father !

- Did You forget the riding weather recently in 'Bama - we have had reports on Text TV here in the northern Europe about very hard weather in the south-east area of US - and I've noticed here on the Board Ken and Chuck not riding due to rain - was it named Arlene ?

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea.....they were down there near the FL border doing this very Horse Show when Arlene hit. Boy, did they get some rain! yep...riding weather was kind of limited there for a while :cry:

but the sun is out now!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Congrats Tim

It is nice that we feel free to discuss personal stuff on this board as well as the "other " stuff.... I too am a proud parent (3 adult children) and share in the pride you feel for your daughter Tim.... My daughter was an All State Academic/Athletic Basketball player in 1990..Oldest son was the best high school golfer in Upper Michigan in 1991 and 1992. Youngest son was an All UP 1st team basketball player in 2000...All were Natl Honor Society students... Yep... and really neat adults now...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tim,

Congrat's go out to both your daughter for her accomplishment, and to you and your wife for raising her.

With all the BS that goes on today it is great to see a "normal" kid that is willing to focus and work toward a goal.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I agree with Rich, the forum doesn’t always have to be about oil changes or tire size.

Fledglings with Academic Honor Society accomplishments, Athletic Excellences and a Championship Horsewoman, make me feel a bit envious.

My grandson, pictured below, is still unemployed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
RedWalk,
My 11 Y daughter is horse riding as well, she love's it. First time she air travel alone was at 5Y from Zurich to France, for a week poney camp!!
Now she has her grade 3... because we try to slow her down...
She would like to become a vet horse doctor...one day maybe!

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my daughter is a sophmore in college....studying to be a Vet. She'll go to Auburn to finish up her degree. right now she goes to their 'satellite' college here in Montgomery, called Auburn University in Montgomery (AUM).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts