Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm probably way behind the curve on this one. After seeing several of your Runes and looking at pictures of many more, I've noticed many different approaches to stowage on the bike and seeing Joly's last set of pictures has me wondering whether these are custom jobs or off the rack.

While I find Gary's idea of sending one's stuff ahead an interesting one I would just like to hear how all of you approach this.

I'm not interested in any of the hard bags at this moment.

·
The Captain
568 Posts
John,

A bar bag or Bronson bag works great. It's removable for a hotel room, can hold a weekends worth of clothes if you pack light and it acts as a wind break. It fits great on the bars and you don't have to worry about scratching anything.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
john, i use a small tbag for around town and short trips. it is a tbag brand bag. they have some larger options as well.
Ihave aslo used a back pack. I bought one that has alot of adjustments.
when I sit on the bike I drape it over the backrest so it sits on the back of my corbin fast gun. It takes the weight of when going down the road.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
John,

Here's a link I started called Travel Bags:

http://www.runeriders.com/viewtopic.php ... ravel+bags

So far I am using three things:

1. Pockets in my jacket,
2. I have a small pouch that velcros onto my handle bar, and
3. A backpack for when I need to carry a lot.

I've been surprised at how easy the back pack is, but I have to carry it with me when I arrive at my destination. Eventually I think I'll end up with RunePaks. We'll see. I need to see a set first hand first and get more experience with the bike and other options.

If you get a seat with a backrest, T-Bags are a viable option. Many have done this including Donna and Ski-Bum. Look at the Erwin photos. Donna carried a huge bag on the back of her bike.

Jeff

·
Registered
255 Posts
On a recent trip from Portland, OR to Reno, NV for Street Vibrations I did the following:

Front Fork - I strapped a stout leather cylinder shaped bag with all my tools.

Tank - I used my Ducati magnetic tank bag and made sure to keep the tank and the underside of the bag really clean. No problems on my custom paint.

Rear Fender - I have a Corbin Fast Gun seat with the optional back rest. I installed the back rest, put a suction cup pillion pad behind the seat on the fender, and put a full size T-Bag with roll top on the backrest. The bag rested on the back of the seat and the pillion pad. I used HD bungees to connect the bottom of the T-Bag, pulled them under the bosses of my Rivco passenger food boards and back to the same D-Ring on the bag. Worked like a champ and had lots of space. I also had one of those expandable bungee nets with hooks that I used to strap extra stuff to the side of the T-Bag. It all worked great.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Where there's a will there is always a way..........
Check out the pictures of DonnaM on her trip to Erwin...........There is one Biker Granny that knows how to pack and travel on a motorcycle, you
NewBees with bikes could learn a few things from this Lady :lol:

Joly 8)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
storage on bike.

My solution for quite some time has been to use a corbin two up seat.
I mount a kuryakn grand tour pack on the passenger seat, it provides a backrest and lots of space and pockets for storage.
Dr. Dave

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. Food for thought 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts