Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quoting from page 12 of the September issue of Cruising Rider (per "The Oracle Speaks"):

"....Heck, take a look at the exotic Honda Rune. There is no question of its credentials as a radical bike design, but I'd have to ask if the Rune is really a cruiser, or is it something else- perhaps the start of a whole new bike category."

Yea.....what he said :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I call it a Rocket Cruiser

It is not a crotch rocket

It is not a "couch cruiser" like the GW.

The term "Bruiser Cruiser" in one of the bike mags doesnt cut it either.

Ken (33,100)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I hope it's the start of something at Honda. I and HOPING that they decide to built that awesome VTX Concept soon. This concept wouldn't even exist without the Rune:

·
Registered
317 Posts
RuneSpyder said:
I hope it's the start of something at Honda. I and HOPING that they decide to built that awesome VTX Concept soon. This concept wouldn't even exist without the Rune:

I'd say that without several bikes in Honda's line up there would not be a VTX Concept bike. Look past the front suspension to the V-Twin, Prolink swing arm and Chain Drive, and bobbed tail portions of the VTX Concept bike - none of which came from the Rune - they came from other bike platforms.

If you haven't kept up with the VTX there are some incredible things being done with the bike.

One of the up-and-coming hot items for the aftermarket VTX is a single-sided swing arm / brake rotor configuration. Albiet based on the left-sided shaft drive of the VTX instead of the right-sided swing arm of the Rune / Goldwing, but I can see where the comparasion could be made.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Rune, actually traded my VTX for it, but that VTX is the bike if you are looking for something to modify for sheer bad a$$ motorcycle fun.

To me, at least, the Rune is a study in altering current perception of what a cruiser is. The VTX represents the current perception. And the numbers show it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Future

I would bet the trailing link front suspension will NOT be seen on future HONDA's. Too expensive!!! I too love my RUNE...but I probably could have loved it with a normal front suspension too...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts