Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's just a little over a year since I purchased my black cherry Rune. Here are some of my thoughts, not that the're worth much. I've ridden for 10 years and never been more thrilled to ride than when I saddle up my Honda Rune. This is the most fabulous bike in the world. The looks- I always get complimented about the styling and most people want to know what kind of bike it is. The ride- I just get giddy riding the dang thing. Man, what a rush and I don't even go very fast. It was more money than I ever thought I would spend on a bike, but what an absolute bargain. Bargain because there is not another bike on the planet that comes close to matching the Rune's styling, rideability, dependability, and all out fun of ownership. If something were to go wrong, which it hasn't, I've got Honda parts and techs to rely upon. I've enjoyed trolling thru the Runeriders.com forum and appreciate everyone's input and time. I just wanted to say how glad I was to have purchased the Rune and I'm looking forward to the Rune Rally in Sept. Thanks again.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ditto Mickey, I couldn't have said it any better. I've been ridin street bikes for almost 30 years and owned countless bikes, every time I walk up to my Rune I feel like pinchin myself to make sure I'm not dreamin!
:amflag:

·
Registered
280 Posts
My Thoughts also

Ditto, have had mine over a year now and love it each time I walk out in the garage or across the parking lot and see it with people standing around looking and pointing at it. My buddy says, "It like riding a naked woman, Everyone wants to look at it.."!! He says he is tired of riding with me and always having to answer the questions "Who's bike is that , and what is that?" and never anything about his bike...Ha!! :D :D

Will keep this one for years and years.....13k on it now and many more to come... :twisted:

See you all in September!!

Dave

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
yep. Some of my friends get tired of riding with Sherry and I. Their bikes almost NEVER get looked at. The crowd gathers around ours. And then they say they look at the crowd, and they see what they call 'the drool factor'. 8)

We actually had a new couple start to join our local Southern Cruiser chapter recently....they came out to the first couple of rides....with his and hers VTX bikes. Don't get me wrong, they were nice bikes. But both times they showed up...Sherry and i showed up on our Runes. The crowd gathered around us....their bikes didn't get any attention.

Well...long story short...they contacted the local First Officer of the Cruiser chapter and told him they had changed their minds...they wouldn't be joining our chapter after all. When the guy asked why...was there something wrong....they told him YES. They told him they would have expected folks to give them a little more attention....being new folks...with his and hers VTX bikes....etc. But after two rides and seeing everyone gathered around SHerry and my Rune, guess they were jealous of the lack of attention...and decided they needed to join another club where the bikes would get more attention. also, in our club, a third of the riders are lady riders...and many have nice bikes. So seeing a 'babe' on a bike in our club is just no big deal. We're not going to 'ooh and aah' just because your wife rides a bike...no matter how big or how cool the bike is. We've just got too many of them already doing that in our club to take notice of any new ones!

pretty funny to me. But a true story......

oh yea...my bike is almost TWO YEARS OLD NOW!!!! And still, a real head turner.....

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have only had my Rune since March 11th of this year (1,700 miles) but man I sure can agree to all that has been said. I was doing yard work the last few evenings after work and I parked the bike where I can look at it because I am still amazed that I actually own one. I don't think I will ever get over the enthusiasm I have for this bike. I get all the same questions every time I take the bike out. I had a guy follow me off the interstate highway Saturday and he pulled into the park & ride where I was going to meet a friend. He asked me if I could stay there while he went home nd got his wife and 22 year old son to come back and look at the bike. He said they don't even own bikes. This same sort of thing has happened twice.

Some of the members of the Baltimore Star Touring and Riding group I belong to said they are getting tired of answering the questions about my bike and they aren't getting any attention, and they were serious when they said it. They have asked me to ride my Roadstar when I meet and ride with them. They have been trying to discourage me by saying how ugly the bike is and they don't see anything special about it. I quess they really haven't been listening to all the great comments everyday people have for it.

What a bike! I can't wait to meet you guys in Sept. Thanks for your support and advise. ....... Mike

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I bought my Rune 2 weeks before going to Iraq. It will be 2 years this next September. And, by then, I should have over 50,000 miles on my Rune. It is rolling therapy. Parking lot therapy is one thing, but it is the personal thrill while clicking out the miles that keeps me sane.

Ken (29,150 miles)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Redvalk/Sermon,
Sounds like those people have one of the bad cases of Rune envy. If you buy a bike with getting attention as your main goal you're already in error IMHO. When people compliment my bike I tell them "It rides better than it looks". There's riders and then there's posers, it takes all kinds I guess. :wink:

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I put a deposit on my Rune a year before it was even assembled. The sole motive in my decision to buy one was because of the way it looked in photos.

Every third Thursday, at a local watering-hole, is “Bike Night”. It is a gathering of hand made custom choppers. Some of these machines are valued at $80,000.00 and more. There are several Jessie James Bikes some OCC’s an Indian Larry and various other West Coast, Texas and South Florida fabricator creations, all works of art and interesting to see.

If anyone of those chopper owners offered to trade with me, even-up, for my Rune with the stipulation I could not sell the chopper and replace it with another Rune, I wouldn’t do it.

There are a variety of choppers/customs but the Rune is in a class by itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts