Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good picture of the 16X16 Clear Windvest.. Have searched the pics in the site.. The Windvest seems to flow best with the Rune.... Another option is the Nat Cycle Switchblade, but dealer is having trouble getting in a supply.. And from what I can tell, the windvest almost disappears from the front of the bike? Thanks. Chris

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Well it seems to disappear, but it doesn’t do much good either.

I replaced my 16” X 16” with a 21”W X 19”H shield and I could use one 22”H. The 21”W keeps the wind to a minimum but I still need to duck some at higher speeds.

I have three shields, the 16 X 16 and two of the other.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hang on, the 16 x16 is fine for us Hobbits. I'm 5' 6" and it suits me just fine.
I'd much prefer to have no screen all, but as far as screens go, the Windvest does suit the lines of the Rune well.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi,
j built my wind shield. it is 20 x 20. the minimum you need for riding at more than 80 miles ( j reached the maximum speed of the rune without any problem)
j had a look of the windvest of steve it is a 18 x 18 special.
perfectly integrated into the rune.
ciao
hannibal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Windshield

Hi Hannibal: Thanks for the info. ... Curious, what part of northern italy are you from? My lovely wife Daniela hails from the mountain region... Spilembergo/ Triesta area (pardon the spelling, I am probably not correct --- I am Canadian, not Italian!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts