Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Protuning is offering painted side covers for sale on E-bay.

Does anyone have experience with these? I have ordered from Danny in the past and know him to be great to deal with.

My question is in reference to the covers themselves...How is the quality, fit, finish, etc?

Does the color match? (I have an Illusion Blue bike). Any feedback with respect to the appearance on the bike?

Thanks for your help.

Duane

·
Registered
486 Posts
A-1 Quality! I have the blue ones from Danny on the DRAGNN.
Magnetic mounting system, easy on-off and they stay in place.
Paint matching is great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are we talkin about the covers for the engine opening or the part thats silver metal that some people have painted or covered to match?

·
Registered
51 Posts
o.k. but what about the part behind it. Is that just painted?

How difficult is that. I saw it done a while back in the gallery(The dude doin burnouts) He also had flames painted i think. Ive always liked that look. That was over a year ago.

Joecey

·
Registered
378 Posts
I painted my those plastic parts under the seat and above the pivot point. I didn't think it was hard. I used Color-Rite spray paint. Found out after the fact that the spray clear coat is not hard enough so am waiting to have them clear coated with two part clear.

The painting is all in the part preparation. If you have good prep and a nice smooth surface and can handle a paint can it goes pretty quick.

Contact Color-Rite at www.color-rite.com They have a good technical support group.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts