Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, my mechanic guru took these pics,some of you might remember that I had a slight coolant leak that ran down by where you stick the key in. Well since then the guru has solved the issue,however I had not just 1 leak but four. I posted pics in my gallery these are pics that the guru took showing all the places where we did in fact have leaks,3 of which I had know idea. As I said all are fixed now just needed tightening up.But could have been a major problem later. Note the fuel tank needed to be lifted & radiator shroud removed & alternator removed in order to get to all the location where there was a issue. I highly reccomend that when you have your bike serviced by Honda that you have them check the cooling system for leaks,you will be glad you did. Just thought I would pass this along.
Brent

·
Registered
347 Posts
Liking Rune...

Do you know if your bike was seating for many months at your dealership before you picked up ? and yes for how long. This kind of problem may be the aftermaths of such situation. I have it now, working on my old XJ6 Jag, who sat for year in a garage...
I wonder if with my Rune, I will suffer from such issue when I will receive it, who sat for abour a year at dealer...
In France, Without Honda dealer waranty service , I am kind of very worry about this situation...
I wish I had known this before shiping the bike to Europe, I would had ask the dealer to check it for me!!

BTW, can't see your pictures of the leaks....

·
Registered
486 Posts
THANKS! The DRAGNN has been leakin from one of those behind the engine connections every once an awhile, and the other mornin when I rode about 50 miles in mid 40's temperature the cooling fan was runnin when I came to a stop, something isn't right in the cooling system.
I already have a appt at the dealership, these pics will come in handy.
thanks again!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Open the Photo Post pull-down menu and select "Member Galleries",
then in the search box type in rune018 and the pics will come right up!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Again, to anwser the gent re: the time my Rune was on the showroom floor,no time mine was orderd in Jul of 04 and delivered 09-18-04 and picked it up on 9/18/04. I figure some slacker in Ohio who was thinking of how he was going to get in to some womans pants had his mind on other things,whats really scarry is that i'm not the first with this problem. I read months ago of members having some type of leak issue,it's my hope that all the Rune owners on this board sooner rather than later will have their cooling systems preasure tested and have all leaks fixed it's an easy fix with just a few turn of the screw driver or ratchet,besides it's FREE it's under warranty, so getter done!!!!.
Brent

·
Registered
486 Posts
Rune018, that same slacker must have worked on alot of the Runes,
the leaks have been more common than they should be. :x

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep your right,but remember they were put together on a production line therefore it's reasonable to assume that the same yahoo did it to or in his case didn't do his job on a lot of our Runes.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up

Brent,

Taking my Rune in for the 600 mile checkup next week. I will be sure to have them pressure check the cooling system. Thanks :!:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts