·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think the valve covers should look more like stock just with no honda

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
I was pleased when we shifted to this forum, from the old MSN slot, and found the Poll feature. I thought it would be a good sounding board, a quick and convenient method of consensus. However, that has not once been the so. A case in point is this very poll question.

At this time 83 people have viewed the question posed and only 11 were bright enough to have an opinion.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi
too much custom design. good if you really increase power (100% appreciation) and change exausts
for standar use better if you reach Honda design with some difference
(the nick of the owner for ex.)
anyway my compliments for the hard work.
ciao
hannibal

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Chuck...i think alot of times people view the poll...but dont respond or vote if the item in the pole is of no interest to them....or they aren't buying it...or whatever. Plus....every time someone clicks on that link...it increments the count on the views. So....if you vote once....it increments. But also...if you click on it again the next time you visit the board (as i did today for instance)...it increments again. so every time one of us views it to see what the poll results are...it increments the view count. It's possible only 11 people have viewed that poll...but that some have viewed it multiple times to see the latest results of the poll count. Though no doubt some others have viewed it out of curiosity...but have no intention of buying the valve covers, so didn't vote.

Same goes for polls i have put up about possible rallies and dates. Many folks like to look at the results....but if they aren't going (for whatever reason, ie....too far away....can't get time off, etc.)...they don't vote.

I think it is working as it should......

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Tim, a point well taken.
However, I fine it troubling when I am debunked by someone clouding my issue with reason, common sense, rational and fore-thought.

The good news is that I didn’t piss-off as many people as I first had thought.

Too, the question above is an attempt to identify a favored cosmetic preference, so the fabricator can concentrate his efforts on a preferred design that meets a broad-spectrum consensus.
If Ultimate Machining is to market a product based solely on its physical appeal, I am cretain they will be guided by and very much appreciate feedback.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Esteemed SiteData,

I agree with you that you called yourself a cretin ! hee hee hee hee,
You see: your 2nd grade teacher was right when she told you to learn to spell wright, else you would get yer knuckles rapped!!!!

kret'n/ or /kree'tn/ n. Congenital {loser}; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right. It has been observed that many American hackers tend to favor the British pronunciation /kre'tn/ over standard American /kree'tn/; it is thought this may be due to the insidious phonetic influence of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

I also think that those of us who are going to actually BUY the item will have the most input priorty.
Ken (not a cretin, but a really nice guy who likes to shoot squirrells with a pellet rifle when bored)

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Mrs. Anderson, my second grade teacher, would applaud your, insightful observation of my literary imbalance. However, as I recall, she was a trifle squirrelly and would not sanction your pellet gun atrocities.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Second Grade Teacher

Its not what the second grade teach thought or said its what the Warden thinks and he says great progress has been made but much work needs to continue until we can allow those of us, who shall remain nameless, back into society. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
More options

Tom,

I didn't respond to your poll for two reasons. 1) I'm daunted by the price and 2) I didn't much care for either option. I think I would prefer smooth with an image similar to work y'all have done already. Keep up the good work and thanks.

Dickson

·
Registered
122 Posts
did i miss the pictures or links to these valve covers? i would gladly post an opinion if i could see the options

1 - 11 of 11 Posts