Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again....

I was a member from 2002 to 2004 when I owned a Gold Wing, my old handle was Airborne. I have owned many Honda's over the years 65 thru 2002. I still own a 1970 ZA50 that I restored for my grandson. My last bike was a GL1800 that was an incredible bike.

I have been looking at Runes for the past few years and am just about ready to purchase one on E-Bay.....The big question is....If I buy out of State, the one I am interested is in Utah with 900 miles can I register it in CA ? Is the Rune built for all states or does the Rune come in different state models?

Any help would be appreciated and looking forward to hopefully owning a Rune and joining the family.

TIA

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hello Airborneod

Hello Airborneod,

It will not be possible for You to register a Rune from Utah in CA without doing modifications to the bike. The CA Rune has some extra things included in the exhaust system and in the throttle body to fulfill CA emission requirements.

So there is a CA Rune and a 49 State Rune. Your can register a CA Rune in the other states, not the opposite.

Se explanation of model code break down maintained by MARUNE under the VIN List forum.

There is a possibility that the Rune You have let Your eyes fall on is a CA Rune. You have to check the VIN # of the Bike before buying it to avoid problems, extra costs and disappointment.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi Airborneod I had considered buying a out of state Rune from a member on the old MSN forum that was in Florida.
I called DMV and was told I couldn't register it in Ca. unless it had 7500 miles on it or was over seven years old.
I did ask if the vin on the Rune showed it was a Ca. model would I be able to register it and was told no :(
Like John said There is some minor differences in Ca. and 49 state models a caracole canister is all that is different that I can see.
Odd thing my Rune says it is a Federal model and is a Ca Rune :?
Good luck hope you get your Rune it is a great motorcycle :!: it's like no other :twisted:

Todd
Rune 31

1 - 4 of 4 Posts