Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Some of you may know me from the VTX and GL1800 boards.

I am the Owner of Dawg's Cycle Grafix. We are a Graphic Art Shop that specializes in Metric Cruisers. We create Unique and Custom T's as well as Custom Vinyl Graphics. If you have a Concept, WE can get it onto your Ride for that TRUE One of a Kind custom look.

OK now the Questions

1) is the RUNE considered A Valkyrie or is it a Bike all in itself?
2) Is it also True that it is made in Marsville?

Thanx

DAWG

BTW TWO New RUNE T-shirt designs available Soon

·
Registered
236 Posts
DAWG,

1) is the RUNE considered A Valkyrie or is it a Bike all in itself?

The offical "Honda" model is Valkyrie Rune, but most Valk groups do not embrace the bike as a "Valk".... Rune's do not have any parts or pieces from the previous Valk's, they have more in common with the GL1800

2) Is it also True that it is made in Marsville?

"was made" may be a better phrase. The traveled down the same production line as a Gold Wing GL1800.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes to Marysville

Also the Rune shares the block (engine) from the Valkyrie. Only cost saving I see Honda had.Hence 95% Proto-type. :sparkplug1: Ron

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: Yes to Marysville

Ron said:
Also the Rune shares the block (engine) from the Valkyrie. Only cost saving I see Honda had.Hence 95% Proto-type. :sparkplug1: Ron

Ron,

I could be wrong but I believe the Rune shares the same engine as the Wing not the Valk.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I do believe as well it's the 1832 CC injection from the GW. The walk in 1500 no injection

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think that's what he meant to say. Same block, transmission case, and swing arm as the GL1800, not the older 1500cc Valk.

Different intake manifold (Multi-port vs dual Throttle Body), different cams, and lower gearing. However I'm not sure if it is the transmission that has the lower gearing or the final drive.

Once we get KenC's bike apart again we'll compare! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts