Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Valkyrie board today:

"Long time member, Phyllis Dorrough (Lyn-Del) passed away July 4.

Memorial service and obituary are in the works."

I met Phyllis at my first Rune Rally at Erwin in 2008. She attended all the rallies I ever went to, except the small one we held in Eureka Springs, AR that one year. I also saw her at almost all the Valkyrie gatherings I went to, including Tim's Cheaha event in 2009 and a couple of Inzanes over the years. I'll never forget coming up from behind her while she was riding her Rune on I-40 on her way to, I believe it was, the 2010 Rune Rally in Erwin, and thinking just how very tough she was - as that was the year Shala & I were trailering our Runes to the gathering. That sighting was probably the point at which I decided that I would never again trailer to a rally.

She was quite a character. I sincerely think she'd have given you the shirt off her back if she thought it would help you through a problem. She really, really did not like to have her picture taken, and would get very vocal if she caught you trying to snap a pic of her front side. I found a couple pictures where I caught Phyllis unawares, and I doubt she'll complain too much if I now share them here.
Leaf Cap Baseball cap Eyewear Leisure
Building Table Interaction Tableware Chair

In this 2nd picture, that's Phyllis sitting at the table, in the yellow shirt, facing her phone, and sitting next to Donna

Rest in Peace Phyllis.

·
Jersey Boy
2,906 Posts
Wow, so sorry. Yes I loved her ( and you are correct, she was a real firecracker and very critical of having her picture taken ) !! I let her sit on my Rune Ultimate seat at one of the earlier function before she bought one. She had quite a few motorcycles and cats as I recall .
R.I.P Phyllis
Rich

·
Administrator
6,993 Posts
Man, I wondered some lately and in the recent past....what had become of her. She used to be a regular on this board....as well as what Jim had mentioned, at ALL the Rallies/events. Yes, she could be .....well, you know, different at times. But she had a heart of GOLD. She always donated to the events.....and like mentioned here, would do ANYTHING to help you. She was good people. Yes, she had lots of bikes and quite a few dogs.

RIP my sister......you'll be missed in multiple communities...........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts