Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me, or is anyone else having a problem with the rearview mirrors? I can adjust the angle, but I can't seem to adjust them to see around me! I'm not skinny, but I'm not huge either. Is their something I'm missing regarding their adjustment?

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
There are mirrors available, I think through Honda Direct Line, with longer stems/arms.
Many of us changed out the mirrors, I think for about $50.00 (+/-).

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mirrors

I saw a pic of mirrors on this board with a Z shaped arm. I thought it was Adrian but now I can't recall. I too need to turn a bit at times to see behind me.. A nuisance I've been willing to put up with...I would now like to get the Z shaped mirror arms I saw...... or something to get the mirror out more for better reception.... I'm not big either. 5'7" 175lb. This was actually one of the few design issues I felt Honda just completely overlooked. The first time anyone ...and I mean ANYONE rides a Rune with handlebars that are swept back... they notice they are looking at their shoulder in the rear view. This should have been fixed before the first bike left the factory...... that and the auto turn signal cancel.... But God knows I love my bike... :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mirrors

Yes Runeman...that looks like them... Do you have them on your bike..and do they put the mirror ou far enuf to get a better view?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mirrors

I'd love a set of extended arms that fit the original mirrors. I'd like to keep the bike's look as stock as possible. Still, I need to see those crazy SOB's coming up from behind ;-)

Thanks for all the ideas.

As far as Honda's lack of attention on this bike (and there's not much!), I simply am amazed at the lack of a tach on something this hi-tech. At least there should be a gear indicator; hell, I had a digital gear indicator on my 83 Suzuki! With the Rune at highway speeds, I find myself having to check whether I still have another gear to go. Perhaps if we had a louder exhaust...

Still, at the end of the day. I love this machine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
tach install

if you want to know how to install a tach look up post by Jeff Kehoe. He also posted pictures. Tach works great and looks good. :beer2:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Tach and Mirror Arms

I have the Z mirror arms (Sidewinder) and mirrors from Aeromach, you can get yours at www.cruisercustomizing.com. You will need an extension piece which I have made and chromed, let me tell you its was a pain getting the bar stock cut, drilled and taped then chromed. I can send you a set if you provide me with an address.

As far as the tach goes I installed mine on my windshield. Installation instructions have been provided to Dakota Digital (ask for Tim) and all mounting instructions. I have photos in my gallery.

Hope all this babble helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
your rune

:clap2: nice going Jeff. I like what you have done since I last saw your bike. I lost your phone number was over your way last Sat. Where did you get the mirrors, did you need any extensions on the ends or did they go right on :idea: Give me a shout :chatter:
Richard 215-276-0252

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mirrors

I really like those mirrors, and you can call me at 865-385-1653 or just let me know how to get them and how much they are. 8)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Chasman, I'll just add my 2c worth, hopefully it might save you a few bucks,
The mirrors are generally called 'Golf Club' mirrors. They vary in price from shop to shop by an enormous ammount, yet they all come from the same place in Taiwan. I've seen them for $199 each side. You'll get the exact same product from the company in the link below for aound $50 a pair. I did a lot of looking around a this place is the best deal I could find.
I think they're the best looking mirrors around for the cash. Notice I say best looking, as practicallly, the rear view is on the really small side.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WD2V

BtW let us know how those new tires of yours are wearing. That was a good link, Ta.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts