Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about upgrading to the engine side covers. If I remember correctly, they only came in chrome or stainless steel (I could be wrong.) :? . What I was interested in was a painted side cover to match the paint scheme of my bike. The "bling" is nice, but I think a paint-matched engine cover would be better for my baby. My question is, would the engine heat cause the cover's paint to quickly deteriorate and if they are in fact available to match my Rune's factory paint :?:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hmmm, the Rune does not appear to overheat. Last summer here in SC during a very hot parade, the fans would come on and they would go off. That is worst case.

Actually, if you remove the plastic cover and attach the metal cover, you will improve the cooling. And, if the cover was painted black, it would be even better.

ken (30,150 miles)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plastic cover?

Hey Ken, What plastic cover are you speaking of "removing"? I hope we are talking about the covers that mount on each side of the bike just behind the valve covers. They're suppose to conceal the dark grayish portion of the engine right above the foot pegs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts