Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had them both off for custom paint.
The rear fender is pretty easy and the bike does not need to be lifted.
The front is another story! The bike needs to lifted, 1ft to 1 1/2 ft.
I followed the directions in the service manual which says to rotate the fender backwards toward the bike, there was a post I believe it was KenCrawley, that said the shop that replaced his front tire rotated the front fender forward to get it off.
Either way, you need two people, one on each side to guide the fender around the maze of hardware and exposed bolt ends. I recommend wrapping the fender in paper or plastic prior to removal and installation,
there's lots of scratch potential!
Do you have the service manual yet?

G

·
I have seen several inquiries about service manuals lately.
When you buy a new Honda you get a free year membership to
Honda Riders Club of America.
Besides a cool red card, a free magizine, a on-line trip planner, $75.00 for rider training, roadside assistance, free towing if you get stranded, you may log onto Powersports.Honda.com and go to the HRCA clubhouse to register for access to your on- line Electronic Service Manual and have all the information for your machine at your finger tips.
So get out your HRCA card, log on and register yourself. Then check out all those other generous benifets Honda has for you.

·
Registered
486 Posts
NO DUCT TAPE!

DO NOT PUT DUCT TAPE ON ANY PART OF A RUNE!
It will leave a nasty residue and is strong enough to pull bad paint off!
Saran wrap would be ok to use, but it's very thin so put lots of layers on.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think the fender curves around to much of tire for it to pulled straight out from the bottom, I could be wrong. If you try it please let us know,
that would save quite a bit of nerve racking work.

·
Jersey Boy
2,807 Posts
Hog Slayer,
Sorry I didn't add this. When I use duct tape for anything like that I take the tape and first stick it to my work clothes a couple of times. This makes the tape less sticky.
Rich K. ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
12 Posts
fender protection

go to your local hardware shop and get blue painters tape it is low tack and may be left in place for 14 days without leaving residue,it also has enough thickness to take on a bolt or 2 and still protect
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.