Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the raised HONDA letters (not on the valve covers) attached with double face tape? Can they be removed with dental floss or a nylon line? Thanks ..... Mike :?:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raised Honda Letters

Chuck & Runerod

Thanks for your response. I 'm taking mine off tonight ... Have a great day .. Mike :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sermon I also took mine off on day one just a little twist and the double stick foam tape lets go ,and a little W-D 40 is a great way to break up the residue without harming the finish .

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jim,

Thanks for the advise. Just finished removing them and also took the black paint off the valve covers. Looks so much better. Have a good night. ...Mike :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
How to remove safely

best to remove the covers then heat gently from underneath with hair dryer. Then twist off.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Little Honda thing below where fuel goes in

Removed the letters and stickers. Great ideas from this board. I never would have that could be done.

What about the little Honda square thing 1 inch from where the fuel goes? Is that just taped on also? If so, I can pop it off and stick something else on there? I have not found anything yet, but I would like to know if I ever do find something, that I can safely pop that thingy off.

Thanks, Glenn

·
Registered
430 Posts
Removing Tank Stickers

I removed the white stickers on the tank today, and had some residue left. What was it that you guys used to get that off without damaging the paint?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Back to the square thingy next to fuel door

Yes WD-40 worked great for stickers.
But how about the little Honda square thing (about 3/4"x3/4" dark background Honda wing) 1 inch from where the fuel goes? Is that just taped on also?

If so, can I pop it off and stick something else on there? I have not found anything yet, but I would like to know if I ever do find something, that I can safely pop that thingy off.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

·
Registered
364 Posts
Glenn There was a guy who used to custom make them. He would write your name in the area. But alas he has not shown up around here in a long time. As for removing it. You can simply pry it off with little effort. You know the deal, careful w/the chrome.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Greg, excellent about it coming off.

I think I will start looking for things of that same size to stick on there. It seems to me a lot of pins would be that size. .., who knows.

Glenn

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have seen a couple on this board with a couple different pins. At least they looked like pins in the pictures. 8)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Honda Lettering

Altho I always reserve the right to change my mind after just minutes of making a statement...I must say...I love Honda...I love the fact that they produced this marvelous machine just for me...even tho they lose money every time they sell one...I do enjoy seeing previously arrogant Harley folks melt right in front of me and admit thisd is one of the sweetest ...machines they have ever seen... I am proud it's a Honda an will plan to leave it a Honda...a least for now 8)

·
Registered
40 Posts
If anyone has trouble with the letters. The stickum comes off with mineral spirits as well as WD-40

As for the tank stickers, I have always had good luck just letting the bike sit in the sun for an hour or so and patiently peel them off. same with the one above the license plate. Any residue left I always use rubbing alchohol

2 cents worth.
[

quote="sermon"]Are the raised HONDA letters (not on the valve covers) attached with double face tape? Can they be removed with dental floss or a nylon line? Thanks ..... Mike :?:[/quote]

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
like Rich said.....while the tank safety stickers of course had to go, the raised HONDA letters under the seat and the Honda plate on the tank and Honda name on the valve covers will NEVER come off my two Runes. Too damn proud of Honda to take them off. I want EVERYONE to know beyond a shadow of doubt who makes this bike.......period.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Amen!

·
Registered
22 Posts
???

What chrome stick on Honda thing on rear fender? :twisted:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts