Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
one question.

it is necessary to remouve the front fender for replacing the tire or using a lift j may avoid???

Color Rite, j received today the two pen stick. quick service.
when j replace the tire j test for a small scratch.

ciao Hannibal

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Remove the front fender. You rotate it forward to get it off. Wrap it with Saran wrap, or plastic wrap to keep the scratches and fingerprints off.

I watched two different shops do this.

Ken

·
Jersey Boy
7,492 Posts
Hannibal
I've taken my front fender off by rotating it back towards the bike. The bike was on the floor and it just barely slipped by the radiator. It looks like having the bike up on my lift would make the removal much easier. Ken is right about wrapping up the fender to keep from scratching it. Please let me know which way you take off the fender, forward or backward, as I might be doing it wrong and I'll be doing the front tire very soon.

Ho portato il mio parafango anteriore via lo ruotando sostiene verso la bicicletta. La bicicletta era sul pavimento e su esso appena ha scivolato appena dal radiatore. Somiglia a ha la bicicletta su sul mio ascensore farebbe la rimozione molto più facile. Ken ha ragione di avvolge su il parafango per tenere da grattare esso. Per favore fatemi sapere quale maniera lei decolla il parafango, inoltrare o all'indietro, come potevo farlo l'ingiustizia e farò il pneumatico anteriore molto presto.

How close is the translation?
I'm useing http://ets.freetranslation.com/

·
Registered
486 Posts
Service manual says to rotate it off backwards, which makes sense because the front of the fender is the narrowest part of the fender. You need to lift the bike 12 to 18 inches.
During reinstallation wrap the brake cable holding brackets in painters tape and poke holes in the tape for the bolt openings, once you get everything lined up and the bolts started pull the tape off before you torque the bolts down. if not these could scratch the hell out of the fender.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

the front tire must be replaced quicly. 11.500 km
thanks for the confirmation.
tks Ken j red for previous replacement coments, j cover the front fender and we will use a lift.
j will also check the manual for operations, j wanted to have your experience coments before.
j will post details after the replacement

Skibum, tks for translation j may understand clearly.

bicicletta is bicicle
ascensore is home lift the corretc translation is sollevatore (elevator)
decolla is proper for an aircraft leaving the ground correct translation is sollevare (pick up / mouve up)

take care about tire pressure you will ride many miles more.

ciao and returnig at tire replaced.
hannibal

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tire replacement

Hi,
j delayed a few days the tire replacement. j wish to check better as in the manual it is supposed to replace some small parts that j may not find immediately.

did you looked at the wheel remounting operation?? any part replaced??

ciao Hannibal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts