Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess no one has been able to come up with a set of RIDER HY-WAY PEGS that mount to our engine guards. I saw a post 'bout 2 weeks ago about one of our members having someone looking at his Rune to make him a set. Any more info on that?
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi All, that post you saw was from me,I was getting tired of waiting for someone else to come up with another location to put our feet,yes I know there is that Starfish idea from Rivco but didn't want to go there uless that was the last option,still looking forward to Tom's idea which I think would be the cleanest but still waiting & the need for another foot location is now becoming really a must. The guy that is putting these together had a larger project that he had to finish which I think now is out of the way,I talked with him last weekend & he said that the measurements he took a couple of weeks ago have been turned in to two pieces, that he will be tac welding then trying them on for a fitting. I will shoot him an email this morning & find out where he's at with the whole thing & post an udate asap.
Brent

·
Registered
30 Posts
highway pegs ??????????

The J&P parts guy said Corbin is working with someone on this and he said to check their new book coming out in next month for them.I hope he was right , also Corbin had a silver rune on his display during bike week did anyone get a good picture of it , mine came out dark. Jimmy Rice #1249

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok Guy's heres the update as promissed, the fab man called me last night responding to my email, he said that he wanted to come over to my place this Saturday for the final measurements. He said that the first time around was to get an idea of all the different sides of the crashbar and to get a rough idea of how he was going to attach to two pieces together & where the hinge placement if we still go that route will be. Now he is bringing over a device of some sort that he will press against each side giving him the exact shape that he will need to bend the metal. The end result will be almost a perfect fit however just a milameter or so larger so that we can have the rubber or gasget that will fit in between the clamp and the bar,so that when you take the highway pegs off for whatever reason the crashbars will not be scratched. I will keep you posted, but we are on our way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi All, OK well the Fab.Man came by today to take the final template drawing however although it was the last drawing there is still the fitting and then final steps like metal bending & the making of the hinge which I think he has a really cool idea on how to do it,plus the cleaning up of the rough edges then the rubber insert to protect the chrome & then picking what cool pegs to put on it. One thing that I feel much better about is that after he made the template for the right side and got it perfect he then flipped it over to see if both crashbars were the same, it had been mentioned that since they were possibly cast when originally made by Honda that both bars might not be the same as the other side, well in the case of the bars on this rune the template fits perfect on both sides like a glove. And even if there is a slight varation from bar to bar we should be OK because as you remember there will be that rubber gasket type protector that would make up for any slight differences. Mr Fab. said that we should be able to do a trial fitting with the clamps soon,when we do I will take pics and post & also will keep those of you who are interested informed.
Brent

·
Registered
852 Posts
Highway Pegs Sounds Great

Brent

Thanks for heading up this project. I am very interested in a pair of those brackets and pegs. :excited: ... Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
OK Guy's & Gal's, although I had a conversation with the Fab Man yeterday on an unrelated topic he did inform me that the fabricating of the hinge portion of the clamp which he thought would be the hardest portion of the whole project is finished & he said that he thinks it came out great not only functional but it looks good too,now he is working on the portion of the clamp where the peg will actually attach. I'm hopeful that it won't be to much longer before we do a trial fitting and post pics.I will keep those of you interested informed.
Brent

·
Registered
852 Posts
Thanks again.

Thanks again. Have a happy day. ....Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts