Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When going on long trips should one ride w/ a bag on his/her back. or should one ride with the bag straped down on the read fender?
What way do you think is best??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fan of the backpack

I'm a big fan of the small to medium sized backpack when riding long distance on the Rune. I've posted on this topic from time to time in the past. I purchased my bike in Iowa and rode back to Oregon with such an arrangement. The raised crown on the back of the Rune seat (and corbin) provides a platform for the weight of the backpack to rest. I find it very comfortable. I've covered about 60K miles through three countries with soft bags on my bike - but I was never any more comfortable. In addition, when you step off the bike your stuff is always with you which minimizes the theft concern. Better yet, once at a destination, you can drop the pack in a motel room and then ride the bike free and clean of any baggage. I like that. Go to the general message board and look down a few entries to one looking for information on "exhaust modifications." Open that and scroll down through the postings. You will find one from "KenCrawleySC" that includes a a large photo of him sitting on his bike with a backpack. A picture is worth a thousand words. Mine is actually smaller than his but the idea remains the same. Good luck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rear Pack

I run an OXFORD tail pack on the back of the seat and a tourmaster tribag magnetic tankbag. I made a mounting strap that goes under the seat and mounts on the the 2 small bolts for the fender. The oxford just clips on and off. The bag expands up and works out great. It also makes a good backrest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
bags or backpack

heyy gang .just got back from daytona....i saw 4 runes mine and my partners and george and stewart from lauderdale ......... hmmmmmmmmm i must say we stuck out in the crowd(sp) BACK TO BAGS my partner had a tourmaster over the sisybar bag .with a zipper mounted roll bag that attaches to it ....i have a corbin gunslinger, the bag fit nice and tight over the backrest...... hauled every thing i needed for the weekend.......... took it right off at the hotel .i think now i am ready for detroit next summer to visit pops.......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Daytona

I was at Daytona two days and saw only a couple of Runes (besides the two at the Honda display at the Speedway); both were at a custom bike show (also at the Speedway). One was from Jacksonville and the other was parked inside the show.

I asked the Honda rep at the show and as expected, there was no definitive word about their intentions to continue the Rune in 2005, other than to sell off the existing inventory. Personally, I hope there are no more. I believe it will enhance the "uniqueness" of the bike.

BTW, check out the cover picture of December's "Hot Rod Bikes" magazine (and the story inside). It's Billy Lane's newest custom bike, a one-up V-twin with fenders, seat and tank that will look mighty familiar to many of us. Also, there's another article inside about a bike by a guy named Dave Smith in California. Check out the pictures of his bike, too. Hmmm, his fenders, tank, seat and light also look familiar. Of course, neither of these articles mentions the similarities to the Rune.

Seems the Rune has had quite an impact on the "one-up" market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts