Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rivco does good work

But their esthetic is not mine. With the exhaust Mod shown it might as well be for a standard Valk. Lost the lines imho.

Dickson

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
yea...this is old news. So post http://www.runeriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=662 back on 4 November.

Dickson, i like their number three choice...to keep the existing exhaust, they just modify the insides for more sound/power. that's what i'll go with. that way you DO keep the lines of the bike!!!

I just wish they'd hurry up and come out with it.....

·
Registered
486 Posts
I modified my exhaust and it cost me $12 and it took about 15mins.
I bought a 1" keyhole saw and with it cut/drilled a hole on the bottom side of each canister about half way back. This required no parts removal and
all I needed was a buddys help to lean the bike while I did the kickstand side.
Sounds alot better, especially at idle. this has also reduced the carbon buildup we all love so much. No change in performance and the gas mileage is the same as prior to the mod.

$12 ! :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
rune exaust

hey TIM
hole saw :12.00 dollars
the picture on where to drill the hole cost 1000. dollars
thats still cheaper than rivco .

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just signed up for a BBR acct, as soon as it's activated I'll throw up some pics of the mod, no Tom, for you guys the pics only cost $999.99 !
:twisted:

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
NEGATIVE Shop Dog....you guys aren't looking at the WHOLE page on the Rivco site. they have THREE different possibilities. Option number 1 (at the bottom of the page)...is to keep the stock look...just modify it. Cost....300-500 bucks. Same look as before ....more sound and power. I keep telling you guys (see my above post...as i repeat myself :wink: )....that is the choice i want.

They have THREE different designs. Some look radically different. Some cost much more. But design number one looks just like stock, costs 300-500 bucks....and gives ya' more sound. that's what i would go with.

I'm just interested in seeing what HS has done...what it looks like...if it looks ok. Would of course also like to hear his sound too!

·
Jersey Boy
2,806 Posts
Having the exhaust exit downward (Rivco style) would cause me a lot of woe as I live on a dirt road. (1/4 mile to the paved roads ) Imagine goosing the throttle on a dirt road with the pipe facing down, instant dirty Rune :shock: . I would like to know where to drill the hole so I could try this mod. If I don't like it I could weld it back closed.
Thanks, I will anticipate the showing of Hog Slayers pics. My 1/2 " Milwalkee drill and hole saws are on the work bench waiting :!: :!: :)
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
151 Posts
runed exaust

let me see if i can get this right
#1 you have to take your own exaust off your self
#2 wrap them up in a box and send them to rivco
#3 they will tear your muffler apart ,reseal it
#4 charge your cc # 300 to 500 dollars
#5 send it back to you
#6 you install it your self
#7 crank up your bike to hear the sound
/???? what happens if you do not like the sound
because i think the stock muffler from Honda will cost a pretty penney i will check it out tommorw
I still like the 12.00 hole saw deal if idon't like the sound i can put a cover on it or something .Brad change the price of the picture to between
299.00 to 499.00 a send them aplug in case they don't like the sound they can cover it

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
ya' know...the way i see it....it aint no different than us spending BIG money on your chrome things!!!!

It's all "beauty in the eye of the beholder" type stuff...if ya' get my drift. 8)

I've done the hole thing on my Valk. And then more free mods. But in the end, i got MarkT to do the glasspack Mild to Wild thing for 300 bucks...and it was worth EVERY DANG PENNY OF IT!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!:

so yes, i'm sure the Rivco mod will be like the MarkT on the Valk. It will no doubt sound MUCH better than the hole cutting thing. been there, done that. Again, it went like this on the Valk:

1. Drill last set of piggies with 12" bit = a little more cool sound...but not enough (but free....just cost of bit)

2. Drill second set of baffles = still more sound...but still not enough (but again, free...)

3. Spend 300 on MarkT Glasspack (gutted stock exhaust and put in glass pack....you took off pipes...sent to him to mod...then you put back on....JUST LIKE the Rivco thing) = MUCH COOLER SOUND....AND...added HP and Torque = :p :p :p

yep...i've been down this road before. i'm just going to "cut to the chase" this time :twisted:

Hey, there are people on this board that question spending all the 'big bucks' on the stuff YOU sell. They ask why....we're "ruining" the look of the bike...we should leave it stock....blah, blah, blah...

Now we all know how good YOUR stuff looks. To those that get it...no doubt, it's worth EVERY DANG PENNY.

Same for the exhaust thing. Nuff said......

oh by the way, you don't have to have the exhaust exit down...that's a possible option.

But you notice i did ask HS to show some pics of his procedure. Knowing me....since ON THIS BIKE...money isn't a deciding factor for this beauty...in the end, i'll probably sooner or later wind up with the Rivco exhaust....cause the hole thing probably won't be enough for me!

Cost of "hole thing" = 12 bucks
Cost of Rivco exhaust = 300-500 bucks
Happy customer with GREAT sound on a Rune = PRICELESS!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
runed

listen i am sure what rivco is doing is going to make the bike sound differnt.But your wrong about one thing,if you buy something from Honda direct line or chrome world or ultimate machine and you don't like it .All you have to do is send it back and they will get there money back.But if you do and exaust mod and you dont like it you would to get your money back and make it stock again .Well it ain't going to happen.I think before i did something like that i would want to hear it first.I put dragons on my gl1800 2001 and i did not like it so i put the stock ones back on

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think I got it this time. The yellow circle indicates where the hole goes.
I'll make a sound recording this weekend.

A closeup

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
lets try this again...see if i can get HS pics to show

yea....now it's working ! i think you had the wrong URL in yours HS....

·
Registered
486 Posts
no I don't, it's just a hole where the yellow circle is. It can't be seen unless you get under the bike. I love the sound at idle, at speed it's more of a pronounced hum than the stock sound. If you do this and don't like it, it would be very easy to close off to return to stock. I'll try to get a sound recording this weekend, very busy weekend, I'm a chapter ABATE(American Bikers Aimed Toward Education) officer and we have 2 meetings tomorrow and a polarbear run on Sunday.
I agree with about the sound of the Mark-T pipes, I have them on my 99 Valk. I wish I could duplicate that hotrod sound on the Rune. Put with the
EFI throttle body I don't know if it's possible. I wish someone would try some glasspacks on the Rune, just to hear it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I may do this. I will use my Desert Eagle .50AE to blow a hole where the circles are. I cant' resist shooting at circles :twisted:

ShopDog: what about a threaded pipe to stick into the hole & tackweld?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yes, to the rear, Hog dude. I dont think I will ever have a problem with riding on a dusty road :wink: Ya know: when you see Harley riders kick up sand on the asphalt with their downward deflecting pipes.

I am wondering about turbulence and that exhaust will more likely deposit on the wheel / brake rotor. Chances are excellent that when I get home today i am going to get out my hole saw and start whacking.. no, start surgically removing metal.

So, it would be interesting to maybe have a "parasitic pipe" or "resonance pipe" that is not in the way of hard cornering.
Ken (24,000 miles to be achieved tomorrow, guaranteed, on my ride around SC with a bunch of Yamaha Star-Rider dudes)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Crawley Dude, I've rode approx. 1500-2000k since I did the mod, no increase of soot on wheel or rotor. Decreased amounts on driveshaft cover, wheel, and exhaust tips.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts