Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Andre,
Where and how've you been :?: You get your Rune with the new chrome wheels back yet :?:
You don't want to remove that georgeous looking exhaust system that came on your baby now do you :?: :?: All you need is a lil' ittsy bittsy teeny weeney,RuneSki hole in them to make that baby GROWL :!: :!: :!:
Talk soon,
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Andre, bring the pipes down a little lower so that the un polished part that the driveshaft cover runs into is covered by the exhaust or better yet go for the designe that honda didn't use the one in there concept drawing on their websight,it's between what you have done and what Honda actually did.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually snooping around the Rivco site when I came across these pipes. I figured I would share them with the rest of you. Some may like it, and some will not. It is always interesting to get the different opinions from this board. Personally, I am not crazy about them, I preferred the stock pipe with the RUNSKI touch. :pepper1:

And no, I still have not gotten my bike back yet. :cus: Weather has been bad. :snow1: Chrome Rims have been in and mounted for a while, they look great. Having some other work done, lights, mirrors, etc.. Also had Freehold Honda enquire about the Throttle Body issue. Want to see what Honda's position is. Hoping that they are aware of the problem, and will allow my dealer to change the part now, rather then later when the Black Smoke issue occurs. :eek:4:

All is well. As soon as I get the bike back, it is coming to your place Rich for the exhaust mod. I will call you next week.

Hope everyone else on the board is doing well. :capwin:

·
Registered
486 Posts
RuneSki Hole !

Don't even think about it! That's the HogSlayer hole! :twisted:
I was the guinea pig, give credit where it's due! RuneSki you were the one that waited for other people to make the mod before you took the plunge.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Credit Given Hog Slayer. :bow1: And if I lived a stones throw away from you like I do Runski? I would be banging on your door for that Whole as well. But instead I get to harass Runski... :tools1:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Stock look, more sound, yes. More power? I doubt it. I don't think anyone has done a before and after dyno with this mod. If the exhaust is louder then there must be some effect on backpressure and hence 'some' effect on the air/fuel ratio. This may be small, most board members say they can't feel a change on the butt dyno. But the Butt dyno is notoriously inaccurate when your bike sounds sooo much better.
It's just as likely that the bike has lost a little power, as it is gained it ( in fact I'd say more likely).
Buy one of the TFI (electronic jetting units) when they come out - Madroober should be testing a unit soon. They should cost around $150 and then you'll definitely have the best of both worlds

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Hog Slayer,
I think what Andre was saying was that he will come a few miles to my garage to have me drill holes. That was YOUR idea :!: . I already gave you credit for that before.
Maybe Andre didn't read that post
What Andre meant about the "RuneSki touch" was MY slide closure idea.
Have you had the slide closure to go from mild to wild that I sent you a while ago welded yet :?:
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
486 Posts
Runeski, Yeah I put them on, but I'm finding that I like it all the way open, that's the best sound for me. But adjustability is always a good thing to have, thanks a lot.
Ok, maybe I'm a bit touchy about the hole, I just remember that evenin in my garage with the drill in my hand, I sat there for awhile thinkin "man,
do I really want to try this on this piece of a engineering marvel without really knowing what the result would be?
I got down on the floor like two or three times and backed away each time, gun shy I guess. I had to strap on my biggest set of balls to finally
put the drill bit to the metal! :shock:
Mannnn, but when I fired it up that first time and heard that rumble of that F6 I grinned so hard I thought I broke my face! :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good sharing the experience with you !

Hogslayer,

Very nice description of your drilling experience 8)

- I won´t comment on your statement : "... Ok, maybe I'm a bit touchy about the hole ..." - perhaps Chuck (SiteData) will, despite he´s calling him self a "pussy" and a "wimp" :lol:

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
Hog Slayer,
Yeah, even though you went and done it first, I still had the same feelings you had about drilling a 1.5" hole in my $1800.00 mufflers.
Rich K ( Rune Ski )
But the sound is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH so good :!: :!: :!: :!: :D

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
I have one “wimpy” ½ inch hole on the right side and that is a slight improvement to the sound volum.

As soon as I get time I’m going to enlarge that one and put another on the other side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts