Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a couple of black cherry runes there on sunday. One passed me and the other was parked with the owner not around. I was on my sportbike. figures, I would see two runes. never when i ride my rune. Are any of these guys on here? Where are all the cali guys?

Joecey

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi, well I'm in northern Cal,Sonoma County,by the way who was that in Lauglin on the River Run with the corbin seat,black cherry rune. Thats ok I took a pic of your plate & bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Laughlin River Run

It wasn't me! I rode my 2000 Black Tourer to the run from Seattle. 4th year in a row several in our club has rode down to Laughlin. I saw a Blk Cherry Rune parked in front of an exhibitor booth (a company that sells custom lighting) at the South end of the exhibitor/ parking lots. I spent some time looking at it cause it had an "internal" trailer hitch. The hitch support members were INSIDE the rear fender. I actually got down and laid on my back to see how it was attached. It used the frame attachment points just inside the rear turn signals. Actually kind of neat set up. The clearance from rear tire looked a bit skinny (bout 1/8" on the left side and a bit more on the right) and certainly wouldn't work if your'e running a wider rear tire like i am. But once the ball is removed from the hitch it would be almost unnoticeable. I waited around for a while to see if the owner showed up but no luck. The exhibitors at the booth said the owner had asked a few questions about custom lighting for the rune, then just parked the bike and walked off. They were anxious for him to come move it cause people were spending more time looking at the rune than at their display.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hmmm, rubbing. that makes me think this:
I suggest that if anyone does the 210 size tire (like I did for 6,000 miles) that you take your rear fender off and look at the frame. What I noticed is that when we take bumps, the tire goes up into the frame and rubs. This rubbing may be even with a stock tire. Not sure. But, my 210 burned out its tread at 6,000. It is not a high speed, long mileage tire, just a BIG tire.
ken

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Guys,

That was probably me on the Candy Black Cherry Rune. On Sunday mornings early I ride with a small group of Harley and Indian guys to the Rock Store. I get there typically before 9:00 am. I usually ride my Illusion Blue Rune, but could not find the key that morning, so I took the Black Cherry. And since the guys did not ride that morning, I rode alone.

Now that the weather is nicer, I will be out more often!

Regards,

MalibuRune :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rear tire

Ken,

I just put the 210 metz on the rear. It took me 30 minutes to get the tire off, 23 bucks to mount and balance. (big blue is paying for itself!)
It (210) has almost zero clearance on the sides. It does rub a little at the very edge (maybe a 16th of an inch).

I will not be putting a 210 back on when this one wears out. I put it on the match the 130 metz in the front.

Hows is everyone doing with the 120s on the front. Any issues?

Will someone (except Dunlop) please make a 130/18 with a 180 or 190 rear that match? This tire hunt gets old.

Why didnt honda put a standard tire on these bikes, where we get a choice of brands.

22,400 miles today!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I agree about the 210 rear! No more. I got 6,000 miles even out of it before the cord started showing in the middle.

I am LOVING my Avon 190 rear tire.

that Big Blue lift is awesome! and you dont really even need to strap it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken (31,000 miles)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.