Rune Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I was headed home and I stopped at a metered light for access to the freeway behind a car, while awaiting my turn at the green light all of a sudden a Goldwing slammed into me from behind while I was sitting there waiting for the lite to go green. He knocked me and my RUNE #340
into the car just leaving in front of me. The bike was so crunched it would not even roll, luckily I'm ok and so is the other guy but this RUNE is totally ruined by the Goldwing which was also blue in color. You just can't think this stuff up.

·
Swamp Rat
6,990 Posts
Tough luck cowboy, sorry for your mishap.

It seems we are having a run of bad luck. Somewhere between 4 and 6 on our members have had their Runes bite the dust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been surprised by the number of Rune riders who've had accidents. It's terrible to think about what these riders have gone through. There weren't a lot of Runes to begin with. Does the Rune have a larger proportion of accidents than others bikes, due to size or some other factor? I suspect not - maybe I've just paid more attention because of my interest? In any case it makes me a little more wary on the road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think its a distraction

I also have had a few near misses on my Rune... I really believe its the rubber neckers who glance a little too long at the bike....because its so unique.. My understanding is there were only 90 brought into Canada.

I had the same issue when I first drove my 04 Mazda RX8 ... weren't many sold yet and people tended to gawk a little too long... keeps me a little more aware in the car AND on the bike....

·
Registered
17 Posts
but glad you are okay...

sorry, meant to say that too in my previous post... glad you can tell the tale...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Glad You're OK !

Cowboy,

Glad You're OK !

I remember something loooong time ago getting an explanation of why such "things" occur in "clusters" when I was studying statistical sampling - no I've forgot it ...

Actually last time we got a report on the Board, that somebody had/was forced to drop their Rune, my first thought was : "Who will be next ?"

What was that Gold Wing riders explanation for hitting You from behind - from Your description of the damages to Your Rune there must have been "power on" ... I mean, the Rune was in front of him :!: :?: Let´s hear what he had to say !

Reading these reports about Rune Rider´s accidents is just TRAELS ! (It´s danish, I haven't promised not to post in danish, and Hannibal has his "ciao", if I should translate it, I must say it´s not possible, it´s a "western thing" here in Denmark, something thats annoying, negative, frustrating, depressing. I think the term that covers it in the best way is "THAT SUX!" - other than a ******* or a south east hillbilly únderstand that phrase - even a dumb dane (The german´s say : "Die dumme Dänen") ...

Cowboy, what´s Your location :?: - please update Your profile :!:

·
Registered
486 Posts
That's the 2nd time in a couple of weeks that I've read on this forum about a Goldwing running into a Rune, what the hell ! Is it mating season for Goldwings? Both incidents were OPERATOR error by the wing riders.
This latest one, 1 - Apparently not paying attention to what was goin on in front of him, that's where 90% of your hazards appear! He should have the crap slapped out of him just for that. 2- Why was he riding on Cowboys six/ right behind him, following his line? Those are the kind of mistakes good riders don't make! Oh I know everbody makes mistakes,
sorry that don't apply to every incident, this accident could have been easily avoided if this dumbass was paying attention. Paying attention or not paying attention to your riding is a choice, not a mistake!
Cowboy your a better man than I ! I would have got up slapped the crap out of that dumbass.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Holdig him

And I would have held him for you. HS.

To put everything in perspective, we are all glad that you are alive and well, Cowboy. Even a Rune can be replaced, but the rider can't.

·
Registered
109 Posts
While we are on this subject.

Has anyone thought of getting the 'throttle body sensor' off of some these wrecked Runes? Is it easy to get to? Maybe we shoud try and get a few just in case of the 'big black smoke problems' some people are having. It seem only a few bikes have had this problem, but the dealers were befuddled every time. Just a thought.
JEFF

·
Registered
195 Posts
That's an excellent idea for anyone that is buying back their Runes from their insurance companies. I would hope that those people are hoarding parts since they are gonna be worth some serious $$$ on EBay when Honda stops making replacement parts, especially fork and body parts.

I think if I had a wrecked Rune, I would stick it in the corner of the garage, put a tarp over it and just wait........

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is getting a bit off topic, but ...

Ken,

Now we're at that TBS thing again .... I have read posts on this Board about the TBS, a lot of posts about the BBS problem which a few Rune riders have had, I have read posts about doing modifications to that thing and some of the guys being Guinea pigged for that purpose, the aim should be to get the Rune to go leaner, and to harvest more horsepower from the engine, as I remember.

To be honest, I haven't "got it" yet - I don't understand what has been written here about that issue, and I think it's due to my lack of skills and knowledge in that area.

If it is possible to do a post on the tech Board about the TBS, it´s function, how it works and what is this modification going about, I would very much appreciate such post from You. I would ask You to do the post in a way so that´s understandable for everybody, if possible.

If I´m the only guy here not "getting" this, then I ask You to do the post for me, please.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts