Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Poppz,

More Honda dis-information. One of the "problems" with the Rune is the BS that comes out of HONDA. There are only so many people willing to fork out 20k plus, and not get a true story.

Maybe if all articles started with " Once upon a time in the land of Honda ....."

·
Administrator
6,891 Posts
amen Dave....amen. This 05 story sure is a story that won't go away. it's like weapons of mass destruction....we're still looking for them....and that illusive 05. in the end....well....you know how that other story ended :lol: (BTW, i am a Bush guy, so i'm not bashing any political party here.....just pointing out this 05 story is like the WMD story...it JUST....WON'T.....GO.....AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!)

one other comment....on trading a Rune and only getting 15k. Probably depends on where you go....what you are buying...what brand they sell...how much discount you get on the new/next bike...and a whole lot of other factors. But a used Rune with reasonable miles no doubt can be sold on the open market for MORE than 15k. But then, like anything else, it did lose quite a bit of value when it rolled off the floor and got one single mile on it. And you can probably buy a new one now for somewhere between 20-22k with no problem. That price was unheard of when they first came out! So nobody would give you 20k for a used one.....since they can shop around and get a new one for that. So those that did pay retail...well.....they just better hang on to it, eh? Me...I'm keeping mine LONGER than i've kept my Valk so far...which is coming up on 8 years now.

Just my two cents on that stuff................

·
Registered
80 Posts
Retail / wholesale

No dealer that is still in business will give you as much for your car, bike boat etc as they can sell it for. That's how they make their $. For the little time I sold bikes (just to get the "salesperson's discount") it was so easy to see how the profit is made. It isn't the poor slob who walks you around the lot and polished your ride who makes the bucks either - its the dealer. But that's just commerce. Look at the insurance industry if you want to see profit, or pharmacuticals. I think food (groceries) has the lowest profit margin. Look at real estate - even in a declining market the realtor makes $ and stocks, bonds, commodities. It was that way with pelts, raw meat and fish 100,00 years ago. It won't change ~ just don't be surprised by human nature. The best deals can come from trusted friends. There you know the person is just making a decent living and not price gouging. Sorry for this economics rant :oops:

I had too much caffeen - but I made my own coffee myself so whose to blame? :roll:

I still love my Rune, though!

NH Bill
8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts