Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, first I want to thank you for allowing vendors and manufacturers the opportunity to join your board. It allows us to capture a lot of useful information regarding what you are looking for.

I have posted a survey on our website about 4 options we are concidering for the Rune exhaust but we need your help in determining what you are looking for. If you would please take a moment to review the 4 choices and gives us your comments I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for all of your assistance.

Princess Holly

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi
j had a look of exaust system 3. into three separate cromed pipes

not bad, really not bad. my compliments. j prefer anyway the original design as its sound.

if j could have an other rune j would like to install the system 3.

ciao
hannibal

·
Registered
45 Posts
exhaust mods

I for one am tired of cleaning the soot off the rear of my rune :evil: .
what Iam concerned about in the least expensive mod ,where the exhaust is directed to the bottom, is where does the soot end up at :?:

#3 exhaust mod looks like it solves the above problem but I need a sound bit and dino test to see the diff. also would like to see a picture of both sides of Rune w/ this exhaust :tools1:

·
Registered
45 Posts
exhaust mods

Rivco, while your at it why not produce some Aux. :idea: Lights for the Rune.
I think the additional illumination at night and safety would be a big selling factor. I like to see and be seen at night. Look at Ken's set up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
exhaust mod

my hats off to you guys for even starting this project A BIG THANKS.......
six into six very cool............ what about leaving it all the same but fabricate a new piece from the collector.......... eliminating the 3 nipples and make it one big oval....with a lip to push the exhaust more outward(sp)....... gee i wish i knew more about welding and things i wanna be there to show ya's..........................keep up the good work ..your highway pegs are the best of any i have had on any of my rides in the past 22 years
mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
The look of the exhaust is one of the biggest things that makes the Rune unique.

The best thing is to keep the looks of the exhaust exactly the same, but modify the innards.

I would keep the headers and collector exactly the same, cut out the catalytic convertor / muffler and try to design or buy some new kind of muffler. You could re-weld the exhaust "tip plate" onto the end so it would still look stock (but it would be extremely difficult for it to all line up correctly).

·
Swamp Rat
6,989 Posts
I too commend and thank you for going to the effort and expense of attempting to add embellishments to the Rune.

I certainly don’t want to discourage you in but as RuneSpyder points out the existing appearance of the stock exhaust is unique to the Rune and unlike any other.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, I don't think many people here have a problem with the way the Rune exhaust looks. Either you like it, or you didn't buy the bike. The styling of the exhaust is too much a part of the overall styling of the bike. Removing all of the chrome covers and replacing headers with cheap single wall headers that turn blue is not cool.

This isn't like a Valkyrie or some Harley where the exhaust is just hanging off the bike. I'm all for modifying the innards and even the exhaust "plate" at the end with the vanes & holes.

·
Administrator
6,892 Posts
i too want to keep the stock look. just add more sound...and if possible...more power. But mainly, keep stock look and add sound! Keep it deep and throaty sounding!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts