Rune Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! Well I've finally dropped the Rune! An old guy cut directly in to the turn lane without signaling five feet in front of me! I couldn't go right because of the curb, so I tried to go left of him to no avail. I tried to keep it from going over but my foot got caught and I flipped right over the side of the bike...damn thing nearly slid over me. You're probably wondering what kind of damage I had to the bike at this moment....the answer...one nick on the lower edge of the engine guard bar (you can't even see it unless you get under it and look). I can't believe it! The bike slid with me tangled in it about 30 feet. I only recieved a small scratch on my right hand. I was riding with my friends and they were as shocked as I was. They wanted to know what I wanted to do after it happened...go home, or keep riding. Those that know me, know the answer to that question...Pizza near the Beach. Damn I love this bike! Though, being honest, I feel like I lost a little of my invincibility...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sure glad you didn't get hurt and same for the Rune. I pulled into the Honda Dealership on my Valkyrie, put my foot down, stepped in a hole and over I went. The dealer brought 3 customers out to see if I was hurt and I was just fine. He then looked at the customers and said "You see what I said, when you fall, the bike doesn't get a scratch".

Adrian

·
Jersey Boy
2,765 Posts
John,
Glad to hear you weren't hurt, thats' the main thing :!: The bike can be repaired. Hope all else is well with you and yours :?:
Watch how you make mention of those OLD guys, hope you don't include this grandpa in with that group :lol: :wink:
Take care. Keep driving on defense not on THE FENCE
Rich K ( Rune Ski )

·
Registered
486 Posts
RadRuneRider, Glad you and your Rune are alright. Maybe it's a good thing you lost a little of that invincibility feeling, because NONE of us are
invincible!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Im glad you werent hurt too!

I dropped/slid my Rune about 3 feet after going over rr tracks. I was going about 5mph.
Just like you: the right engine guard is scratched & dented in about a half inch, and there is a 1 inch scar under the right side exhaust cover. You cant see any of this "damage" on the bike unless you get down on the ground and look up.

Perhaps we can get a "group" buy on replacement engine guards! Of course, I dont want togo out and get one since it was a PIA to drill and tap them to mount my HID light brackets. Ah, an "old guy" not seeing you: my HID lights are as bright as aircraft landing lights. I have noticed no one "not seeing" me this past month since mounting them.

Ken (12,850 miles)

·
Registered
151 Posts
ken bracket

Ken go ahead and buy your new bracket and send to me with the old bracket ,we will drill and tap for you and send it back the only thing it will cost is shipping
just let us known we will help you out. jr.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine went over the 2nd or 3rd day after I brought it home! Luckily for me, it fell over into the lawn and didn't put a scratch on anything. I parked it in the same spot I always parked my GW and Valkyrie, but the Rune didn't like it. Ah well. I'm glad I got it over with early!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Runespyder

Glad to hear you made it here. Did you end up moving to Klahanie near Issaquah? If so, then we could almost see the shine on each others Runes. Let me know. :wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yep! I'm out here in Klahanie. Now I need to get my Rune registered. My NV plate expired YESTERDAY! My wife threw away my renewal notice before we moved out here thinking I would just get it registered when we got out here. Well, she never mentioned this to me! I just realized I was going to be expired yesterday. Now I gotta call Honda Finance to get a copy of my title to get the damn thing registered.

Why do they make things so hard in this state?

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK, I'll come clean on this.

I got my Rune shortly after they were released. I was watching this board (the old one) and noticed a number of people mentioning low speed drops. I got a hearty chuckle everytime I read about it. Surely these guys didn't know what they were doing. Right?

At the time I was on crutches. I had shredded my entire right calf muscle. I got the bike home and figured, what the hell, just down the driveway and back. I was excited. Its about a half mile driveway. Well, I got to the end, put my bad leg down on some loose stuff and..tttiiiiiimmmmmmmbbbbeeerrrrr!!!

The worst part was that with my bad leg, I couldn't get it stood back up. A passerby stopped and helped. Did I ever feel like a weeeny.

Now, with a little more humility, I'm glad to hear that none of you were hurt.

Dirk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts